Well, American kids have always been at the middle of the pack, for as long as there have been international tests. And yet those apparently dumb kids from the first test in the early 1960s, who were almost last on standardized tests, have led the world in Nobel prizes and science output. Those kids grew up to be the people who now lead the world in adult science literacy.
So it's time to give teachers a break this Teacher's Week.
Do you have what it takes to be one? Here is how to find out.
- Common Core Standards Are Better Than No Child Left Behind- Yeah, Right
- How Exceptional Teachers Use Creativity In The Classroom
- Bring Back No Child Left Behind? Common Core Standards, Lack Of Voice, Driving Teachers Out
- Russians Think Sun Revolves Around The Earth
- Debunking The 'America Does Not Invest Enough In Science' Myth