unNoble Prize: the Lobotomy
By Heidi Henderson | June 25th 2009 12:31 PM | Print | E-mail
Antonio Egas Moniz was nominated for his contribution to science , the lobotomy. He wouldn't be my first or last pick for such a prestigious honor and apparently others feel the same way. In a case of severe poetic justice, the 1949 Nobel Prize winner was shot and paralyzed by a disgruntled patient.
- Vladimir Putin Thinks The World Of Sepp Blatter
- Bono And DATA Receive 2007 Liberty Medal At National Constitution Center
- Opening Of DAAD Centre Of Excellence In South Africa With Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Tutu
- Nomination Deadline For US$2.2M Zayed Future Energy Prize Approaching
- Can The Internet Really Win The Nobel Peace Prize?