"It is proposed that happiness be classified as a psychiatric disorder and be included in future editions of the major diagnostic manuals under the new name: major affective disorder, pleasant type. In a review of the relevant literature it is shown that happiness is statistically abnormal, consists of a discrete cluster of symptoms, is associated with a range of cognitive abnormalities, and probably reflects the abnormal functioning of the central nervous system. One possible objection to this proposal remains--that happiness is not negatively valued. However, this objection is dismissed as scientifically irrelevant."
Department of Clinical Psychology, Liverpool University.
- FDA Approves VYVANSE(TM) (lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate), The First And Only Once-Daily Prodrug Stimulant To Treat ADHD In Adults
- Deep Cerebral Stimulation Has 'Encouraging' Clinical Trial For Patients With OCD
- Shire And GlaxoSmithKline Enter Agreement To Co-promote VYVANSE(R) (lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate) CII For The Treatment Of Adults With ADHD
- Argument: Schizophrenia Does Not Exist
- Shire Withdraws European Application For DAYTRANA(TM) (Methylphenidate Transdermal System)