Electric stimulation of the right anterior temporal lobe of the brain using transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) improved the recall of proper names in young adults by 11 percent - that will sure teach those kids.
My title is a little inflammatory, transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) is different than the electroconvulsive ("shock") therapy (ECT), made famous in movies.
"We know a lot about how to make people's memory worse, but we don't know very much about how to make people's memory better," said Olson. "These findings hold promise because they point to possible therapeutic treatments for memory rehabilitation following a stroke or other neurological insult."
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Brain Stimulation Detrimental To IQ Scores
- Electrical Stimulation Can Boost Math Ability For 6 Months, Says Study
- Boost Your Creativity Using Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation
- Can't Dance? Blame GABA, Not ABBA
- Electric Brain Stimulation Can Improve Dexterity