Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanosconiosis is a type of lung disease. Pneumoconiosis, also called black lung or coal-miners disease, is different, but is estimated to be the cause of death for 1,500 U.S. coal miners. Besides being bizarre, words like these can be largely informative. The top scientific and mathematical words and laws judging off of complexity can transpire into a largely personal-opinion-oriented endeavor. Astute denizens of cyberspace expounded on a list of some semi-rare and contentious terms and classified them into an “organized mess.”
1. Borborgymus -The technical word for stomach growling.
2. Paneity - The state of being bread.
3. Bordism- The study of boundaries.
4. Frivolous Theorem of Arithmetic (highly controversial) – Says that almost all natural numbers are very, very, very large.
5. The Law of Truly Large numbers – Says that with a large enough sample, any outrageous thing is likely to happen.
6. Smegma- A combination of exfoliated (shed) epithelial cells, skin oils, and moisture, and can accumulate under the foreskin of males and within the vulva of females.
7. Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle-Says that that locating a particle in a small region of space makes the velocity of the particle uncertain and that measuring the velocity of a particle precisely makes the position uncertain.
8. Depliation- Intentional removal of hair using mechanical or chemical means.
9. Petabyte- 2 to the power of 50 or 1,125,899,906,842,624.
10. Carnallite-Is the word for KMgCl3•6H2O, an evaporite mineral used for potassium fertilizers as an ore.
11. Draculin-The anticoagulant factor in vampire bat saliva.
12. Betweenanene (Screwene) - Molecules which have a trans double bond shared between two cycloalkanes.
13. Vernix caseosa-The waxy, white substance found coating the skin of newborn humans.
14. Fibonacci sequence-A sequence of numbers, the first being zero, the second number is one, and each subsequent number is equal to the sum of the previous two numbers of the sequence itself.
15. Dendrochronology- The dating of past events (climatic changes) through study of tree ring growth.