Just some of the nominees from popular programming related to science:
- Bones (mystery + forensics + David Boreanaz in a great role for him = educational guilty pleasure)
- Big Bang Theory (theoretical physics + inherently awkward scientific personalities = high comedy; Jim Parsons got a nod for oustanding lead actor, and I love the theme song)
- Breaking Bad (chemistry + drug dealers + Bryan Cranston = excellent drama)
- Battlestar Galactica (ok, fine, this is science fiction)
- Dexter (psychology and forensics - ok, a stretch, but such a great show, and Michael Hall gets a nomination for oustanding lead actor)
- Mythbusters (who doesn't like blowing stuff up?)
There's the odd science-ish program, like CSI or Grey's Anatomy, on the list too. Robot Chicken (Star Wars Episode II) also received a nod for oustanding animated program. Grab your lightsabers, folks, we're going mainstream!