Physicist John Holdren will be Obama's science advisor. I was hoping we'd finally get a biologist in that position, but his expertise on energy and climate issues will be timely.
A marine biologist at Oregon State University, Jane Lubchenco has been tapped to head the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Both of these people are past AAAS presidents.
- Are Obama's Science Picks A Slap To Life Sciences?
- Carl Wieman accepts White House science post
- If You Are A Biologist, You Should Stop Giving Money To AAAS Right Now
- Scorecard For President Trump's Science And Health Choices
- Politics And US Innovation: It Has To Be About The Future, Not Just The Present