The dinner is for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) teachers who wish to broaden their perspective of science in their classrooms and will run from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Bite of Science is designed to improve teacher’s ability to provide students a context of how science is applied in the real world and inspire students to pursue careers of excellence and leadership in STEM. This Bite of Science session for teachers is estimated to impact at least 4,700 students in Houston and surrounding communities.
Speakers will be:
Erica Sandschulte, Sr. International Operations Coordinator, Rockwell Collins
John H. Byrne, Ph.D., Professor and Chairman, Neurobiology&Anatomy, Associate Dean for Research, UTHealth, McGovern Medical School
- What Are Nano-Antioxidants?
- Anthropology Surprise: Struggling Males Respond Better To Female Teachers
- Lab-tested Diagnosis Needed When Treating Patients With Persistent Diarrhea
- A River's Place: High School Student Activism and Environmental Protection on Long Island, New York, 1956-1974
- Amgen To Acquire Micromet & Cancer Treatment In Clinical Trials For Hematologic Malignancies