But the meetings were that vaping in general, and Juul in specific, is a valid tool for smoking cessation and harm reduction. And it is. While smoking kills, nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine. The only person who has even tried to commit suicide using nicotine took 500X the LD50 dose and it failed to kill him.
Just because Juul have been questionable in some tactics doesn't mean everything they did is corrupt. We don't throw the whole smoking cessation and harm reduction markets out because of Juul's behavior, any more than Monsanto's questionable behavior with dicamba means the goal of affordable food is bad. But behavior of companies does count and Juul has done a lot of damage with its mercenary tactics. Most people assume that the vaping illnesses which hit last year were due to nicotine, when it was really marijuana products that have to be adulterated to create a vapor. Juul had nothing to do with that, but the stigma for all vaping is because of them. And that's a shame.
- JUUL Became The Monsanto Of Vaping- And They May Have Killed The Industry
- Reefer Madness And Seduction Of The Innocent Are Now The Anti-Vaping M.O.
- Vaping Replaced Cigarettes, And That Is A Public Health Win
- If This School Lawsuit Against JUUL Wins, It Could Mean Liability For Anything
- Betel Quid Chewers May Give Chantix Users A Safer Way To Kick The Smoking Habit