About 1 in 13 Black babies are born with sickle cell trait while about 1 in every 365 Black or African American babies are born with sickle cell disease. The condition affects over 100,000 people in the U.S. and 20 million people worldwide and the only existing treatment is bone marrow transplant. This is a big win for those concerned about government control of science - this is a bureaucracy that took two decades to approve a salmon that grows faster but finally got out of its own way during COVID-19 vaccine efforts and that mentality seems to have stuck.
- Gene Therapy Cures Sickle Cell In Mice
- Sangart Initiates Phase 1b Study Of MP4CO In Patients With Sickle Cell Disease
- CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing Paves Way For Sickle Cell Cure
- TCP: Old Antidepressant Could Treat Sickle Cell Disease
- Altered Events: Forcing Chromosomes Into Loops May Switch Off Sickle Cell Disease