Here are the good ones. Read the entire piece here.
1. Engineering is done with numbers. Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.
5. Three points determine a curve.
6. Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker.
10. When in doubt, estimate. In an emergency, guess. But be sure to go back and clean up the mess when the real numbers come along.
16. The previous people who did a similar analysis did not have a direct pipeline to the wisdom of the ages. There is therefore no reason to believe their analysis over yours. There is especially no reason to present their analysis as yours.
19. The odds are greatly against you being immensely smarter than everyone else in the field. If your analysis says your terminal velocity is twice the speed of light, you may have invented warp drive, but the chances are a lot better that you've screwed up.
20. A bad design with a good presentation is doomed eventually. A good design with a bad presentation is doomed immediately.
21. Half of everything you hear in a classroom is crap. Education is figuring out which half is which.
23. The schedule you develop will seem like a complete work of fiction up until the time your customer fires you for not meeting it.
27. Schedules only move in one direction.
28. There ain't no such thing as a free launch.
31. You can't get to the moon by climbing successively taller trees.