The slight hum turned out to be 10-15 mph winds as they blew across Mars’ Elysium Planitia.
We can now hear sound on another planet.
"Capturing this audio was an unplanned treat," said Bruce Banerdt of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in their press release.
For you and me both.
There's not a lot I can add to that so I will just be awed.
- Watch InSight's Successful Landing On Mars- First Peek Into Deep Interior, First Interplanetary Cube Sats, Many Firsts...
- The Largest Earthquake On Mars Ever Detected
- Humming (everything You Ever Wanted To Know About It)
- Lockheed Martin Keeps Fingers Crossed for Orion's First Test Flight
- Whither Limestone? New Clues About The Mars Climate Enigma