If you are still deciding on what career to undertake and you like to travel with class and comfort, do not pursue Science. Scientists -most of them, at least- get to travel a lot, but the default is economy class. Which is fine for short flights, of course, but it does affect your well-being on long intercontinental flights. I have friends who took on a career in finance, others who got a job in Brussels at the EC, still others who became politicians. And they not only all make more money than I do, but they also travel quite more comfortably, in business class. Evidently, our society thinks that being a Scientist is a mission, and that we do it for the glory.
Of course, I should avoid complaining about wage and benefits. Science IS a mission, and I would do what I do even if they did not pay me a salary. The real benefit is not a business-class ticket: it is to know, deep inside, that you are following the narrow path which has lead humanity out of the dark ages, and which might make us reach goals which are unthinkable now. Plus, collider physics is just way cool!
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation Supplies EX2 IFEC Systems For Lufthansa's New Fleet Of A380s
- Row 44 And Lufthansa Technik Form Engineering Services And Integration Partnership
- Latest Innovations In The Airlines' Battle To Win Passengers
- Iloho Extends Its Services With Launch Of New Flight Search And Comparison Function Using Core Data From OAG
- EzRez Software Announces Global Partnership With Lufthansa's Miles & More