This year, Science 2.0 did its part by buying t-shirts for a local team and we finally got some pictures. Men in pink shirts that say "save second base"? It's the perfect way to raise money.
Kristina (this Kristina, or, if you follow your Science 2.0 April Fools Day lore, this Kristina) came in eighth in some part or another of it.
"Eighth?" I asked. "Isn't that pretty good?"
"They weren't really trying," she said, which was far too modest for my comfort.
Next she's going to do some insane bike ride during a Nevada sweltering summer. The rest of us can just support her. People as cool as us shouldn't sweat unless we're defusing a hydrogen bomb, and even then only for show.
Want to help? You can buy a Save Second Base shirt - all profits go to the foundation (so, basically, $1 for every shirt we sell).
- Susan G. Komen For The Cure(R) Encourages Runners To Join 'Team Marathon' And Help End Breast Cancer Forever
- Cynthia Nixon Auctions Off Tickets To World Premiere Of Sex And The City: The Movie To Help Fight Breast Cancer
- Ghana Symposium Inaugurates Susan G. Komen For The Cure(R)'s Commitment In Africa
- Susan G. Komen For The Cure Launches Unprecedented Global Expansion Program In 10 Countries
- New Scientific Blogging SWAG