That is exactly what Wisconsin is thinking about doing with raw milk. The CDC certainly wishes they would not - an alarming risk comes with raw milk, that is why pasteurization was invented and then foodborne illnesses plummeted.
Usually anti-science and anti-health positions related to food come from Democrats(that means you, Erin Brockovich and an alarming number of Democrats in the northeast) but raw milk hucksters have also managed to spin it as a libertarian issue; keep pesky government out of our rights to make children sick.
The raw milk farmers need to be exempt from government standards because their product is not safe - that is why Wisconsin should not allow it.
- Raw Milk Quarantine Lifted- You Still Shouldn't Drink It
- Hygiene Hypothesis And Why Amish Kids Have Less Asthma
- Raw Milk Is 3 Percent Of The Market But Causes Over 50 Percent Of Milk Foodborne Illnesses
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids In Raw Milk Reduces Asthma And Allergies, Says Study
- How a little known virus can cause asthma in kids.