I can't wait until they release more images. It's very exciting that technology is starting to catch up with our desire to know more about the oceans, and pictures of crazy ocean critters are good attention-getters, particularly for my students. (Also, the kid inside me can't help but hope that the bottom of the Marianas Trench is kinda like this.)
If you know anyone who needs inspiration to be interested in our oceans, tell them to check out Sylvia Earle's TED talk.
- Oceanlab Scientists Film Supergiant Amphipod and Deepest Fish
- No, The World Is Not Going To Explode Because Of Sea Water Sinking Into Subduction Zones- What Does The Research Say?
- Pseudoliparis Amblystomopsis- Deepest Ocean Camera Views Surprisingly Cute Snailfish
- Seven Miles Deep, Ocean Still A Noisy Place
- Going for a swim at my desk