Anyway, here is a cool article I found in a similar vein (I mean to post it around Halloween, but of course time got away from me!). Scientific Reasons to Believe in Vampires, Zombies, and Werewolves. It's also timely because every time I turn around there seems to be a new vampire TV show or zombie movie.
Personally, I like the vampires = rabies infection theory. That would really disappoint all those Twilight-obsessed teenagers, wouldn't it?
And for those who really prefer zombies, here's another cool one: 5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen. It lists 5 parasites/diseases/toxins etc. that could cause a zombie-like state. Somebody really likes zombies to have researched them this much!
- Are Vampires Real? Physics Professor Drives Scientific Stake Into The Heart Of Supernatural Myths
- Bloodsucker Myths & Movies: Vampires Throughout The Ages
- Ancient Ways Humans Kept The Dead From Rising Out Of The Grave
- Spanish Flu Pandemic Mass Graves 100 Years Ago Led To Our Zombie Fixation Today
- Science Has Bad News For Goth Chicks- Vampires May Not Be Real