- The Ultimate Natural Sunscreen: Thanks, Science!
A new paper reports the development of nanoparticles that mimic the behavior of natural melanosomes, melanin-producing cell structures that protect our skin, eyes and other tissues from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation. ...
Article - News Staff - May 18 2017 - 8:47am
- Formaldehyde Exposure In Marijuana Vaping
Formaldehyde sounds scary because it is for dead bodies. But it is also produced in our natural cellular respiration. Clearly "the dose makes the embalming fluid" but groups who want to scare people about diet soda whisper about its presence. And ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 12 2017 - 1:35pm
- Organic Growing Process Linked To Higher Antioxidant Levels In Onions
A new study has found that found that flavonoid levels and antioxidant activity in organic onions are higher than in conventional onions, which disputes a meta-analysis which debunked claims by discredited industry-funded economist Dr. Chuck Benbrook and c ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 16 2017 - 8:34pm
- 3 Ways Activists Gamed California's Prop 65 List To Get Glyphosate On It
Glyphosate, a component of the popular herbicide commonly known as Roundup in the United States, has been placed on California's Proposition 65 list, which requires a cancer warning label on it, despite the fact no regulatory body can find evidence i ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 18 2017 - 5:02pm
- Glyphosate Doesn't Cause Cancer- Neither Do More Toxic Organic Pesticides
It's been well-established by now but owing to a discredited International Agency for Research on Cancer claim, which environmental groups insist remains valid despite finding that a member of the Working Group had financial conflicts of interest (co ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 14 2018 - 4:41pm
- Slurry Science: The Chemistry Used To Help Put Out Wildfires
Article - Inside Science - Feb 26 2018 - 4:17pm
- Everything Is An Endocrine Disruptor, Claims French Activist Researcher Barbara Demeneix
The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Université Paris-Sorbonne, must be a dangerous place to work, because scholars there have found that almost everything is a so-called "endocrine disruptor". They may be correct. If you drink a cup ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 24 2018 - 11:12am
- With The Science Settled That Neonicotinoids Don't Cause Honeybee Problems, Why Does Europe Need To Ban Them?
Everyone agrees the health of bees is a concern but there is confusion about why different governments have reacted. Scientific experts note any acute problems are due to a combination of bee keeping practices, Varroa destructor mites (which vector roughly ...
Article - Jon Entine - Apr 26 2018 - 2:26pm
- Dissent Over Results Of Federal CLARITY-BPA Study
Last week, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina held a meeting to discuss the results of a 30-million-dollar fede ...
Article - Geoffrey Kabat - Jan 17 2019 - 12:41pm
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons- Chinese Epidemiologists Declare Your Barbecue Will Kill You
The American Chemical Society is a not-for-profit organization chartered by the U.S. Congress. That doesn't keep their editors from lobbying against science and common sense, like when a team of authors in Environmental Science&Technology, funded ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 24 2018 - 6:30am