- Glyphosate Doesn't Cause Cancer- Neither Do More Toxic Organic Pesticides
It's been well-established by now but owing to a discredited International Agency for Research on Cancer claim, which environmental groups insist remains valid despite finding that a member of the Working Group had financial conflicts of interest (co ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 14 2018 - 4:41pm
- Slurry Science: The Chemistry Used To Help Put Out Wildfires
Article - Inside Science - Feb 26 2018 - 4:17pm
- Everything Is An Endocrine Disruptor, Claims French Activist Researcher Barbara Demeneix
The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Université Paris-Sorbonne, must be a dangerous place to work, because scholars there have found that almost everything is a so-called "endocrine disruptor". They may be correct. If you drink a cup ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 24 2018 - 11:12am
- With The Science Settled That Neonicotinoids Don't Cause Honeybee Problems, Why Does Europe Need To Ban Them?
Everyone agrees the health of bees is a concern but there is confusion about why different governments have reacted. Scientific experts note any acute problems are due to a combination of bee keeping practices, Varroa destructor mites (which vector roughly ...
Article - Jon Entine - Apr 26 2018 - 2:26pm
- Dissent Over Results Of Federal CLARITY-BPA Study
Last week, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina held a meeting to discuss the results of a 30-million-dollar fede ...
Article - Geoffrey Kabat - Jul 25 2019 - 10:32am
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons- Chinese Epidemiologists Declare Your Barbecue Will Kill You
The American Chemical Society is a not-for-profit organization chartered by the U.S. Congress. That doesn't keep their editors from lobbying against science and common sense, like when a team of authors in Environmental Science&Technology, funded ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 24 2018 - 6:30am
- Risk Communication About EDCs
Several contemporary events scheduled for the European Union are bringing increased focus to the topic of communicating risks about Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs). The first took place on May 16 at the annual meeting of the European Chapter of the ...
Article - Gregory Bond - Jun 26 2018 - 8:47am
- Alvogen- This Company Doesn't Want Government Buying Its Drugs
In Ely, about 250 north of Las Vegas, Nevada is scheduled to hold its first execution in 12 years. Nothing controversial about that, because in 2002 Scott Dozier murdered Jeremiah Miller after he traveled to Las Vegas where Dozier had promised to help him ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 11 2018 - 2:58pm
- New Class Of Commercial Herbicide Is All Natural- But Discovered Using Science
Nature is not just out to kill us, it is out to kill itself, in the interest of surviving over the long term. That is why even the most wholesome backyard organic garden is a hotbed of combat between plants and unseen microorganisms in the soil fighting fo ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 16 2018 - 3:00pm
- Even The Smell Of Coffee Boosts Math Performance
Coffee is the official drink of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), so much so that a new study finds that it's downright Pavlovian. Even the smell of coffee boosts numerical performance. In their experiment, scholars administered a 10 ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 17 2018 - 3:22pm