- Voodoo Epidemiology: Now BPS Is Causing Obesity. Will The Public Fall For This Hype Again?
Bisphenol S (BPS) and bisphenol F (BPF) are chemicals used in the lining of aluminum-canned food and drinks (to prevent spoilage). They were rolled out as a replacement for bisphenol A (BPA), a compound targeted by activists under claims it might statistic ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 25 2019 - 2:07pm
- Another Study Finds Data IARC Ignored Shows The Weedkiller Glyphosate Doesn't Cause Cancer
Another paper has disqualified claims by organic industry trade groups, sympathetic academic journalists, and trial lawyer organizations that the weedkiller glyphosate, which acts on plants, somehow causes human cancer Thee researchers evaluated as yet unp ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 31 2019 - 5:43pm
- Dr. Squatch: Soap For Dudes Who Grew Beards To Seem Manly While Agonizing Over Which Organic Hand Cream To Buy
Urban beards are all the rage this decade, often worn by men in Euroweenie tight suits who want to hearken back to older times, when men were manly and not afraid of science. Not so today. If you wear a beard now, it means you want to look masculine while ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 5 2019 - 1:04pm
- Sulfur, Sodium- A Mysterious Salt Combination Preserved The Dead Sea Scrolls For Millennia
First discovered in 1947 by Bedouin shepherds looking for a lost sheep, the ancient Hebrew texts now known as the Dead Sea Scrolls are some of the most well-preserved ancient written materials ever found. And among the roughly 900 full or partial scrolls ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 7 2019 - 9:23am
- Sticks And Stones May Break Your Bones But This Carbene/Carbocation Reaction Edits Molecular Skeletons
After Friedrich Wohler accidentally synthesized urea in 1828, chemical synthesis- and organic synthesis for that- has been a driving force in pharmaceutical innovation. We live longer and better than ever and we can thank the continuous advancement of synt ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 17 2019 - 4:00am
- Decapod Exoskeleton: Calcium Nucleating In The Cuticle
Cuticular structure in a Late Maastrichtian crab, Costacopluma mexicana, from deposits near the town of from near Paredón, Ramos Arizpe in what is now southern Coahuila (formerly Coahuila de Zaragoza), north-eastern Mexico. We see this same species in the ...
Article - Heidi Henderson - Sep 17 2019 - 5:00pm
- Teabags Release Nano Particles Into Tea. Should You Be Worried?
A new study worries that teabags containing plastic come with a dose of micro- and nano-sized plastics. ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 25 2019 - 9:36am
- The Characteristics Of Award-Winning Wine: Lots Of Sugar And Alcohol
Award winning wines tend to have high ethanol and sugar levels. according to a recent paper in the Journal of Wine Research that sought to know what characteristics were prevalent in the wines that won the top awards at an international wine competition. ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 27 2019 - 12:36pm
- The Chemicals In Placebos Matter Too
Placebo controls are a gold standard against which new treatments are often measured. If a new treatment consistently proves to be better than a placebo and safe, it can be marketed, sold and prescribed. Otherwise, it can’t – or at least shouldn’t. The pr ...
Article - The Conversation - Oct 1 2019 - 11:18am
- Here Are The Chemicals The Organic Industry Exempts For Organic Food In 2019
The organic food industry, even large players like Whole Foods, created a disturbing trend; lying to customers about whether or not organic food uses pesticides or chemicals. In reality, organic food is covered in pesticides. If they were not, instead of o ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 2 2019 - 11:18am