- EPA Ends Atrazine Homeopathy, And Trial Lawyers Are Upset
In 2002, Berkeley Professor Tyrone Hayes got a paper titled "Hermaphroditic, demasculinized frogs after exposure to the herbicide atrazine at low ecologically relevant doses" published in Proceedings of the National Academies of Science. In it, h ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 28 2020 - 6:41pm
- Genetically Engineered Bacteria To Combat The Cause Of Colony Collapse Disorder In Bees
Sometimes bees die off in large groups. Since the first beekeeping recorded in history, in the 10th century, there have been documented cases where entire hives perished. Some blamed bad bee husbandry, some blamed weather, and then in recent cases some tri ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 30 2020 - 4:03pm
- The Chemistry Of Love
There's science in love, you know, and that means there's science in Valentine's Day. Science on Valentine's Day is like cold fusion instead of ethanol. Completely wonderful. And we have it all right here. Not sure who to date? Garth Su ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 13 2020 - 3:06pm
- Correlation Hype: Your Car Seats Are Not Giving You Cancer
A U.C. Riverside environmentalist is sounding the alarm about your commute. Professor David Volz and colleagues hand-picked 90 commuter students who were given silicone wristbands to wear for five days. The goal was to find organophosphate esters on the w ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 15 2020 - 9:30am
- DDT Rebranded As Personalized Medicine For Insects
A new class of dopamine receptor antagonists (DARs) could provide a safer means of controlling mosquitoes that transmit key infectious diseases such as dengue, yellow fever and elephantiasis. The new chemicals work by manipulating the neurotransmitter dopa ...
Article - Science Ninja - Apr 1 2020 - 12:42pm
- No More Chemophobia: Millions Cheer As Hydrogen Peroxide Machine Makes N95 Masks Reusable 20 Times
Environmental Working Group recently rolled out its annual Dirty Dozen list of foods that... wait, did they? This year, no one seems to know or care if a group of lawyers paid an intern to go through USDA pesticide data and did simple arithmetic to declare ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 3 2020 - 12:31pm
- Epidemiologists Link Celiac Disease To Frying Pans And Then We Wonder Why People Don't Believe In Masks
During the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, when disease epidemiologists want to be taken seriously by the public, they face an uphill battle. Blocking their progress are epidemiologists who casually link everything to diseases, often using food frequency questionnair ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 12 2020 - 11:53pm
- 1910 Version Of The Scream May Have A Science Solution To Its Moisture Problem
The Scream is not one work of art but several; two paintings, two pastels, several lithographic prints and a few drawings and sketches. Edvard Munch was a practical artist so if the check cleared he would make another. His original Tempera on Cardboard is ...
Article - News Staff - May 15 2020 - 4:13pm
- Formaldehyde: The Carcinogen That Wasn’t
Article - Frank Schnell - May 29 2020 - 1:12pm
- Blatant Opportunism: EDC Believers Exploiting Covid-19 Pandemic Further Erodes Trust In Science And Health Efforts
As a semi-retired epidemiologist, in a higher risk age group and with attendant co-morbidities, I have followed the Covid-19 pandemic with scientific curiosity mixed with a tinge of personal anxiety. Much of the data being reported is of abysmal quality ...
Article - Gregory Bond - Jun 30 2020 - 10:14am