- After PBDE Flame Retardant Phase-out, Less Exposure To Them, But No Difference In Outcomes
In the 1980s, environmentalists and epidemiologists began to statistically correlate attention problems in children and lower scores on tests with flame retardants used in furniture, chemicals that had become popular because parents and fire departments w ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 31 2018 - 6:22am
- Appeals Court Wants EPA To Ban Chlorpyrifos, Without Seeing Any Data
Environmental trial lawyers are thrilled that the politically friendly 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in California ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 14 2019 - 5:18pm
- BPA Causes Diabetes? Fred Vom Saal Is Proof Aging Researchers Sometimes Lose Their Minds
Dr. Jane Goodall is in a panic about GMOs and all of modern agriculture. What isn't plagiarized in her screeds about food is a mishmash of conjecture, anti-science mysticism, and lack of a clue about biology. She is not alone in losing her mind a bit ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 17 2019 - 12:42pm
- Paola Mayfield Bleaching Her Hair While Pregnant Is Perfectly Safe
Mommy shaming and chemophobia have long found common cause when it comes to the cosmetics industry. Though mercenary, it is understandable why companies that make labels "certifying" something safe, and activists raising money touting our doom, p ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 20 2018 - 2:48pm
- How To Reduce Gadolinium Heavy Metal Contrast Agent In MRI Using AI
In 2017, action star Chuck Norris and his wife Gena sued 11 companies for $10 million over gadolinium used in her MRIs, stating she was poisoned by the contrast agent. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 26 2018 - 10:37am
- Trace Levels Of Flame Retardant Chemicals In Car Seats Are Not Harming Your Child
Marta Venier, an environmentalist at Indiana University, recently teamed up with a Michigan activist group to "test" car seats and declared they had toxic chemicals. Obviously that is media clickbait but if you are reading here, you want to know ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 3 2018 - 5:48pm
- Trace Chemicals Detectable On Cell Phones Are Not Targeting Women, Or Anyone Else
In Science Left Behind I showed that in America it was easy to accurately correlate beliefs about science to political viewpoints. If you believed in psychics, witchcraft, organic food or homeopathy, statistically I could be determine how you voted. If you ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 5 2018 - 11:52am
- Brazzein Is All Natural, 0 Calorie, 2000 Times Sweeter Than Sugar- Now It Could Be Cheap To Produce
Does the world need another sweetener? With debates raging over cane sugar, corn sugar, beet sugar, raw sugar, and numerous zero-calorie alternatives to sugar, new products would seem to be just another thing for Center for Science in the Public Interest t ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 13 2018 - 11:58am
- Essential Oils Yield Microbials To Preserve Wine
Researchers have studied the effectiveness of new antimicrobial systems based on the use of essential oils extracted from plants such as thyme or cinnamon to improve the preservation of foods and found them suitable- with no smell or taste. As the develope ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 21 2018 - 2:35pm
- Advil, Grilled Food, And Disinfectants: 3 Scare Stories From 2018 You Can Leave In The Past
The year 2018 began much like every year does, full of promise and hope. And it ended like almost every year does, jaded and weakened by compromise. Though a budget shutdown is in the news, hyperbolic claims about science being left behind are just politi ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 31 2018 - 4:27pm