In The Economist, data analysts looked at data from the 14th century on and found that historical pandemics led to lower inflation. Yet inflation in the US has risen 6 percent despite the economy being in freefall, with GDP down 9%. Which means if something does not change we will have the same "stagflation" that plagued America during the Carter administration.
- How COVID-19 Has Changed Language
- The 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic Had Up To Four Waves- The Last Was 18 Months After The Third
- What Is Contact Tracing And Why Is It So Effective At Stopping COVID-19?
- Omicron Data Show We're Beating COVID-19 But It's Hard To Know That From Social Media
- Experts Condemn UK's Response To COVID-19- We Must Reverse This Now- Detect Mild Cases & Contain Swiftly To Save Lives