One. It's not the end of the world
Two, the supposed stone that dates an Apocalypse in 2012? It's with some stones that cover events in 4772 as well. So if there is a Mayan Apocalypse, it's, umm, a non-apocalyptic one.
And three, my favorite quote from the article. "But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials".
Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, notes that the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas. So read that article. And, sorry to rain on your apocalypse, but it ain't gonna happen.
.. is just another year.
The Satellite Diaries
- Mayans, Global Warming, NASA & 2012
- World Will NOT 'End' Days Before Christmas 2020- NOT Mayan Calendar- More Baloney From Perennial False Prophet
- Mayas Annoyed At Ritual Ban This Close To The Apocalypse
- Dear Mayans: Sorry For The Misunderstanding
- Sorry Mayans, Killer Solar Flares Impossible In 2012