BIRMINGHAM, England, April 17 /PRNewswire/ --
- ATTN: Midlands Region Editors
Are you currently hiding your creative flair under an easel? Well, now is your chance to let it be seen.
Kodak Lens Vision Centres across the Midlands are teaming up with the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists (RBSA) to discover budding artists in the region.
Candidates can enter in three age groups (Under tens; 11 - 17 years; and 18 years and over) and must create a picture around the theme of 'Your World, Through Your Eyes.' Prizes include private expert tuition from the RBSA, professional artist tools and equipment and fantastic days out to UK sights and attractions.
"We're asking anyone who thinks they have flair with a paintbrush, pencil or even crayon to show us their perspective on the world we live in," says Mark Ireland, head of marketing at Kodak Lens. "We understand more than anyone the importance of good eyesight but this doesn't necessarily mean that we all see the world in the same way.
"We're calling for really creative entries that will make us take a step back and see the world through another's eyes."
Short listed artists will be invited to attend a VIP ceremony at the RBSA on 15 May where their work will be showcased in the gallery. Winners will be chosen by a prestigious judging panel on the night.
"We're enthusiastic about the prospect of finding new Midland's talent and would like to encourage people to enter no matter what their level of experience is," says Dr Marylane Barfield, vice president of the RBSA, who will be sitting on the judging panel. "We're going to be looking for personal pieces of art which offer a thought provoking viewpoint on our world."
To enter simply collect a form from your local Kodak Lens Vision Centre or log onto http://www.kodaklens.co.uk/youreyes
Terms and conditions of entry: (go to http://www.kodaklens.co.uk/youreyes )
- First stage entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com as a high quality (min. 300dpi) digital image
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form available to be downloaded from http://www.kodaklens.co.uk/youreyes
- Closing date for entries is Wednesday, 30 April 2008
- Any work submitted must be your own
Note to editors:
Kodak Lens Vision Centres in Birmingham:
- Eye to Eye, 814 Stratford Road, Birmingham
- Eyestyle Opticians, 97 High Street, Kings Heath
- 4 Sight Opticians, Pallasades Centre, Birmingham
- Ward Opticians, 202 Sutton New Road, Erdington
- Eye World Optical Services, 1865 Pershore Road, Cotterridge
- SPH Opticians, 32 Queenslett Rd, Great Barr, Birmingham