I am not kidding you. Equestrianism is an Olympic sport. In Beijing's Birds Nest, home to the 2008 Olympic games, there are still equestrian competitions - as you can tell from the photo.
Credit: B L Bye
The ultimate equestrian - as performed by Hubble:
The most exquisite nebula of them all, the all equestrian Horsehead Nebula.
Credit:NASA, ESA, and the Hubble Heritage Team (STScI/AURA)
The Horsehead Nebula resides in the Orion constellation together with other famous nebulas such as the Great Orion Nebula (M42), the Flame Nebula, and Barnard's Loop. Hubble releases this ethereal version of the Horsehead on its 23rd anniversary. You can find many both professional and amateur images of this nebula, but this version was striking and goes down as one of my all time favourites.
More reading about the image and science in and around it can be found at places like these:
Space Telescope Science Institute
- Do Men And Women Ride Horses Differently? Are Women More Sensitive To Them?
- It Isn't Just Humans Using Special Materials In The Olympics- Horses Do Too
- Group Exercise Found To Help Kids With Developmental Disabilities
- Mmmmm, Horse Milk? Equine Domestication Goes Back Farther Than Thought
- NGC 1999: APEX Sets The Dark On Fire