- ASMR- It Isn't As Weird As You Might Think, Unless It Is
We are setting up a live streaming/video channel to do things like reviews of books, interviews, and then eventually we will do staff meetings as well.(1) But while it was once limited to something like Facebook live, with Restream we can go out to YouTube ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 2 2019 - 6:48pm
- Your 'Epstein Didn't Kill Himself' Friend- Conspiracy Believers Are Often Not Crackpots About Everything
"Epstein didn't kill himself" is a conspiracy meme that has been everywhere lately. If you are not familiar with the name Jeffrey Epstein, he was a billionaire and convicted sex offender- but as a billionaire he was connected to almost every ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 4 2019 - 10:40am
- The Fake News Source Is... You
A new study found that people given accurate statistics on a controversial issue misremembered those numbers to fit commonly held beliefs. That means the source of fake news is often not malevolent organizations manipulating social media, it is people conv ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 9 2019 - 6:30pm
- Star Wars Will Win Even If Your Expectations Are Too High, Because Nostalgia Rules
New survey results in the Journal of Media Psychology find that how much you enjoy or hate the new "Star Wars" movie will depend a lot on your expectations. Nothing shocking in that, but there is a twist. And the twist is not that the new movie w ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 26 2019 - 5:01pm
- Maharishi Paper Claims Meditation Will Reduce Chronic Heart Failure, Co-Author Is Editor In Chief Of The Journal
If you are an African-American hypertensive at high risk of developing associated cardiovascular disease, a new paper from Maharishi Institute- where yogic flying instructors get trained to levitate(1)- says Transcendental Meditation will prevent abnormal ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 30 2019 - 7:00am
- 'Gift Of Life' Appeals: Why Do They Work For Blood Drives But Not Organ Donations?
Every time a disaster occurs, people show their philanthropic side, but the same framing that works for blood drives, such as 'gift of life' appeals, is far less effective when it comes to organ donation. Though much is known about why people don ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 10 2020 - 4:03pm
- Spurious Thinking: Why You're More Susceptible To Misinformation Than You Think
Online misinformation works, or so it would seem. One of the more interesting statistics from the 2019 UK general election was that 88% of advertisements posted on social media by the Conservative Party pushed figures that had already been deemed misleadi ...
Article - The Conversation - Jan 11 2020 - 6:30am
- Nearly 12% Of Surveyed Soldiers Sent To Afghanistan Had Suicidal Thoughts
Surveys sought to find out how common suicidal ideation and mental health disorders were during combat deployment and to examine the associated risk factors. Some of the greatest risks were being white, having past non-combat trauma, and past major depress ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 29 2020 - 11:00am
- Men Who Drive An Audi Were Going To Be Victimized By Social Psychologists Eventually
If you have never heard of the Journal of International Psychology, you are not alone. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 4 2020 - 11:59am
- You Can Make People Feel Less Politically Polarized By Letting Them Explain Why They Are Not Polarized
An experiment before the 2016 Trump-Clinton debate in metropolitan New York City showed that it was possible to have people be less polarized. They showed questionnaire responses where respondents were actually more moderate than their real responses, an ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 5 2020 - 5:05pm