- In Canada, 70 Percent Of Firearms Deaths Are Suicide
In a Canada analysis, suicide was the most common cause of death from firearms at 68 percent, and older men in rural areas were impacted most. ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 19 2020 - 9:11am
- Swiss Fatalism Is So Endemic They're Not Feeling Worse About The World During The Pandemic
The Swiss are famously negative about everything. The anti-science attack site Swiss Public Eye, for example, routinely undermines the science community and claim the world is doomed unless people switch to products made by their funding sources. It's ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 28 2020 - 12:11pm
- The Social Psychology Of Presidential Election Polls, Part 1 Of 2
Article - Alex Durig - Nov 5 2020 - 12:08pm
- The Social Psychology Of Presidential Election Polls, Part 2 Of 2
If I asked you to call 1,000 people today and screen each person for 1 minute in the hopes that 500 of them would agree to participate in an upcoming survey, you could not do it. If you spent 60 seconds making 1,000 calls it would take over 16 hours, with ...
Article - Alex Durig - Nov 5 2020 - 12:19pm
- 10 Tips To Manage Your Election Aftermath Stress
Well-meaning advice for people freaking out about current events often includes encouragement to be patient, stay calm and keep the faith… but how on Earth are you supposed to do that amid the insanity of 2020? As a practicing clinical psychologist and pr ...
Article - The Conversation - Nov 8 2020 - 7:39pm
- Understanding The Appeal Of Alternative Medicine Can Help Protect The Endangered Species It Puts At Risk
Alternative Chinese medicine harms endangered species like pangolins, tigers and rhinos, but deniers of evidence-based medicine are often part of the same political tribe as professional conservationists. That confirmation bias about alternative medicine ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 26 2020 - 11:24am