Last Monday Aitzaz was lingering out of school with two friends in the small shiite town of Ibrahimzai, near the Pakistani capital Islamabad. Just before getting in they were approached by a 20-year-old who claimed he wanted to enrol to the school. The students realized that he was concealing a bomb and planned to blow up the school.
While Aitzaz's two friends ran away, he instead chased the terrorist, and as he caught him the bomb exploded, killing both. With his act Aitzaz saved the life of many of the 2000 students in the school.
The Lashkar-e-Jhangvi group, a sunni radical movement, later claimed responsibility for the attack.
- U.S. Humanitarian Mortenson Received Pakistan's Highest Civil Award, Sitara-E-Pakistan (Star Of Pakistan), For Sixteen-Year Effort To Promote Rural Education And Literacy For Girls
- Zeeya Merali on The Large Human Collider
- Raytheon 'Math Heroes' Honors 32 US Teachers
- Bruce Springsteen: An American Aristotle
- Catalan Sit-Com Research Update