Education is by rote.
They only go to grade 9. Why not extend it to make kids even smarter? It costs too much.
They don't spend a lot of time on social justice, they spend it on education. Kids who do not want to continue in academics go to "vocational" school.
Teachers can be fired, so it is not a union entitlement occupation, it is instead a prestigious one because the public knows they are doing the job because they are the best at it. In America, education unions vilify young people right out of college who go into inner city schools to teach for low pay. They say these teachers are unqualified. What would make these bright educated college graduates "qualified"? Joining a union.
Why Finland’s kids often lead in educational tests - Science Codex
- Why A More Conservative Approach Would Fix Science Education
- The Knock On 'No Child Left Behind' Was Political Spin, Not Evidence
- Debate Education Efficiency, But Don’t Rank Countries On It
- Obama's Merit Pay For Teachers Will Work, Says Researcher
- How Exceptional Teachers Use Creativity In The Classroom