The American Chemical Society's Spring 2010 National Meeting and Exposition includes numerous research findings in the field of cold fusion, also known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). Here is the video of the live press conference that gives a broad introduction to the people involved and their views on this controversial part of science.
"A potential new energy source so controversial that people once regarded it as junk science is moving closer to acceptance by the mainstream scientific community. The presentations describe invention of an inexpensive new measuring device that could enable more labs to begin cold fusion research; indications that cold fusion may occur naturally in certain bacteria; progress toward a battery based on cold fusion; and a range of other topics."
As one scientist said,"I hope this is the end of the beginning for cold fusion." The subject of cold fusion is proving more subtle and complex than the initial experiments may have suggested. It is also bringing together scientists who were previously working in very different fields, with chemists, materials scientists, nuclear physicists and more.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Gravitational Waves? Watch the LIGO press conference at 10:30 Eastern.
- Giddings: The 750 GeV Diphoton Resonance Is A Graviton
- Native Grass Make Super-Thin Condoms
- The Greenhouse Effect Fallacy
- Starting Age Of Marijuana Use May Have Long-term Effects On Brain Development
- Lipid-based Diets Effectively Combat Alzheimer's Disease In Mouse Model
- LIGO, Gravitaional Waves, And Laser Interferometry
- "For what its worth (and at this point, it is worth nothing), my space-times-time invariance as..."
- "Here's a link to the twins study: http://news.meta.com/2016/01/18/twinsstudy/..."
- "Marijuana creates a greater degree of grey matter in the brain. it is the most important human..."
- "The USA is not a democracy it is a federal republic based on a combination of Native American and..."
- "There are recent longitudinal studies, with well over 100 sets of twins included. The studies disclosed..."