The American Chemical Society's Spring 2010 National Meeting and Exposition includes numerous research findings in the field of cold fusion, also known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). Here is the video of the live press conference that gives a broad introduction to the people involved and their views on this controversial part of science.
"A potential new energy source so controversial that people once regarded it as junk science is moving closer to acceptance by the mainstream scientific community. The presentations describe invention of an inexpensive new measuring device that could enable more labs to begin cold fusion research; indications that cold fusion may occur naturally in certain bacteria; progress toward a battery based on cold fusion; and a range of other topics."
As one scientist said,"I hope this is the end of the beginning for cold fusion." The subject of cold fusion is proving more subtle and complex than the initial experiments may have suggested. It is also bringing together scientists who were previously working in very different fields, with chemists, materials scientists, nuclear physicists and more.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- M60-UCD1: Tiny Galaxy, Supermassive Black Hole
- Witness The Singularity AI Nanotech Co-Evolutionary Merger
- Dark Matter Is A Bose-Einstein Condensate?
- John Ellis On The Ascent Of The Standard Model
- Early Earth - Now A Lot Less Like Hell
- George Zweig's Brilliant Intuition And Van Hove's Horrible Censorship
- Theory Of Externalities, And Why We’ve Come To Hate Tech Companies
- "Hello Hontas,some the effects mentioned are gravitational _on_the_LEP_ring geometry. The geometry..."
- "So they say All the stars and all the dark matter were stripped away and absorbed by M60.  ..."
- "That is so unjust. I wish mean people like van hove were never in positions of power. ..."
- "That whole story makes me wonder about what great accelerators are on the drawing boards and how..."
- "Your insticts that the outputs of the inner product have to be real valued is correct.... that..."