The American Chemical Society's Spring 2010 National Meeting and Exposition includes numerous research findings in the field of cold fusion, also known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR). Here is the video of the live press conference that gives a broad introduction to the people involved and their views on this controversial part of science.
"A potential new energy source so controversial that people once regarded it as junk science is moving closer to acceptance by the mainstream scientific community. The presentations describe invention of an inexpensive new measuring device that could enable more labs to begin cold fusion research; indications that cold fusion may occur naturally in certain bacteria; progress toward a battery based on cold fusion; and a range of other topics."
As one scientist said,"I hope this is the end of the beginning for cold fusion." The subject of cold fusion is proving more subtle and complex than the initial experiments may have suggested. It is also bringing together scientists who were previously working in very different fields, with chemists, materials scientists, nuclear physicists and more.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Who Is Trying To Destroy The Internet?
- Debunking: A President Of The US Could Order A Nuclear Attack At A Moments Notice On A Whim
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- DDoS War: How Zombie Fridges Bit The Internet In The a$$ Today.
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- Biofuels Are A Climate Mistake
- Hearing Voices Again? It's More Common Than You Think
- "And of course NIBIRU . Nibirumaster..."
- "THEN robert I should be concerned about the asteroid 2000 ET70 ????..."
- "I urge you to study Pribams Holonomic mind theory, as I believe it fits your query quite well here..."
- "NASA rarely comment on stories like this. It's not their mission to debunk doomsday hoaxes. They..."
- "Ok fair point and this is 2 separate questions 1 what do nasa at this moment in time think of nibiru..."
- To Avoid Adult Dysfunction Start 'IN UTERO'
- ACSH Medical Director Named One Of America's Top Pediatricians, We're In The Economist, And More
- The Math of Hunting and Fishing: When to Work Together
- Placebo: Bubbles Of Nothing Are Still Not Something
- People Who Take Drugs May Be Likelier to Commit Suicide
- Improved 'Screen Time' Guidelines Could Make Parents & Kids Happier