Famous problem, famous solution, but is that the whole story?
How would you solve the problem of crossing the seven bridges of Konigsberg?
Spiked Math proposes a number of other solutions that never made it into print.
Original cartoon can be found here - including the pop-up punchline.
Further creative solutions gratefully received.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Poisons Chemists Hate, But You Just Ate
- Supersymmetry Is About To Be Discovered, Kane Says
- Single Top Production At The LHC
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Anomaly! - A Different Particle Physics Book
- Dietary Restriction, Circadian Rhythm, And Long Life
- New Open-access Data On Paleofloods
- "I'm really scared about this all and 8m just hoping it isn't real, are you sure that nasa or the..."
- "Yes, it's just nonsense. I can't think of any new ways to answer this question. Do you have..."
- "so your sure it don't exist then and nothing is going to hit us ..."
- "It can be in a 3600 year orbit and not exist in the same way that Harry Potter can have a scar..."
- "yes I agree with u it does all seem silly but wen there is all these videos and pictures on the..."
- Earth's first ecosystems were more complex than previously thought, study finds
- Soil pulled from deep under Oregon's unglaciated Coast Range unveils frosty past climate
- Mystery of how snakes lost their legs solved by reptile fossil
- Seizure risk of anti-shivering agent meperidine greatly overstated
- Immune-disorder treatment in mice holds potential for multiple sclerosis patients