For those of you who still are not reading Evolution: Education and Outreach, here's another reason to check it out.
Eugenie Scott and Glenn Branch of the National Center for Science Education have a nice article coming out in the next issue entitled Don't call it Darwinism. It is already free to access in preprint.
While you're at it, you can have a look at the special issue on eye evolution, and my first contribution to a series entitled "Evolutionary Concepts" on artificial selection.
Click here to shop for your Darwin Year gear
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- M60-UCD1: Tiny Galaxy, Supermassive Black Hole
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- Ig Nobel Prizes 2014: From Jesus On Toast To Baby Feces In Sausages
- Longer Telomeres And Genetic Determinant For Melanoma Risk
- Witness The Singularity AI Nanotech Co-Evolutionary Merger
- Watching Neurons Learn: Learning New Ideas Is More Difficult
- Theory Of Externalities, And Why We’ve Come To Hate Tech Companies
- "If being very restrained brings you to write stuff as AFAIK he has never talked about the gaps..."
- "Hi Mephisto,we do have a similar problem to the one you mention in high-energy physics - when we..."
- "Concerning his political opinions, Lubos is a deluded annoying crank, but credit has to be given..."
- "Right on, and I have written articles on that issue in the past - by preventing uptake in wealthy..."
- "Genetic algorithms would be a step back toward (simulation of) evolution in isolated testbeds (computer)..."
Books By Writers Here