Today computer science research has crossed a major threshold in producing a system that can be considered to display true intelligence. The system is purported to possess the ability to engage in conversations and even invoke creative use of language to express new and novel ideas. The system utilizes about 20 quad-core processors for processing speed while linking together several terrabytes of memory to maintain an active working set of functions. There is no appreciable delay in responses, and unlike systems of the past, this system displays a behavior that can only be considered "self-motivating" in initiating actions. Dr. Charles P. Unger suggested that perhaps this use of artificial intelligence still displayed many unresolved issues and clearly warranted significant future research. "Perhaps we should've focused more on artificial personality rather than intelligence, because this system is particularly cranky!." After a grueling morning of questions and intense conversations, the research team responsible for this development is relieved that the system has finally "shut up". "Nothing was good enough and we were all dolts," according to an account by one of the researchers who has chosen to remain anonymous. "Left up to me, I'd unplug the bloody thing". Despite their overwhelming success, the team isn't sure whether anyone can tolerate being in the same room with this system long enough to validate their results.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Perovskite Oxides: New Material For Solar Panels Could Make Them Cost-Effective And Efficient
- Big Crunch Beta Functions: The End Of The Universe Is Closer Than You Think
- Eurygnathohippus Woldegabrieli Is A New Species Of Horse, 4.4 Million Years Old
- The Problem For 23andMe And The FDA: People Don't Understand Genetic Test Results Or Their Implications
- Worm Eggs, Hot Baths - Two Ideas For Treating High-Functioning Autism
- Redefining Old Age For The 21st Century
- Is The Close Encounters Theme Tune Just Fun - Or Is Spielberg's "Musical Maths", One Of The Easiest Ways To Communicate With ETs?
- "For General Relativity, light is observed to be bent from Earth observers due to mass bending Time..."
- "Yes, yes, American education sucks. The self-loathing fix has been in for decades - but when anyone..."
- "Do tests adequately predict academic success? Not really. When American students took the first..."
- "The Science 2.0 audience is not Mother Jones or USA Today, they understand the nature of traits..."
- "A study is not a study when the people behind it take survey results, place the respondents on..."
- Entropy and sodium intakes, the wicked problems of health sciences
- The Physical Origin of Evolution.
- Australian Researchers Discover Potential Blue Green Algae Cause & Treatment of Motor Neuron Disease (MND) & (ALS)
- 40 really awful writing prompts that no writer should use
- Learning Should Not Be Easy
- True story: Not everyone lies frequently
- Defending medical oncology to assure quality care for cancer patients
- New screening strategy to prevent cardiovascular complications in sports
- Wrist fracture significantly raises risk of hip fracture
- Disease, not climate change, fueling frog declines in the Andes, study finds