Today computer science research has crossed a major threshold in producing a system that can be considered to display true intelligence. The system is purported to possess the ability to engage in conversations and even invoke creative use of language to express new and novel ideas. The system utilizes about 20 quad-core processors for processing speed while linking together several terrabytes of memory to maintain an active working set of functions. There is no appreciable delay in responses, and unlike systems of the past, this system displays a behavior that can only be considered "self-motivating" in initiating actions. Dr. Charles P. Unger suggested that perhaps this use of artificial intelligence still displayed many unresolved issues and clearly warranted significant future research. "Perhaps we should've focused more on artificial personality rather than intelligence, because this system is particularly cranky!." After a grueling morning of questions and intense conversations, the research team responsible for this development is relieved that the system has finally "shut up". "Nothing was good enough and we were all dolts," according to an account by one of the researchers who has chosen to remain anonymous. "Left up to me, I'd unplug the bloody thing". Despite their overwhelming success, the team isn't sure whether anyone can tolerate being in the same room with this system long enough to validate their results.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Evidence Of Man At The South Pole Before Roald Amundsen Arrived In 1911
- Running Was Never As Great As Once Claimed, But Not As Bad As Now Said Either
- More On The Alleged WW Excess From The LHC
- The NSA, Snowden, And Citizen Cryptology
- Science 2.0: Google Web Mining Can Help Neuroscientists Analyze Big Data
- Mutations: Male Fertility Is From Mars, Female Fertility Is From Venus
- Forget 20 Foot Sea Rise Hype, Nuisance Flooding Will Get Action Taken
- "At least now you are being honest; the issue is not whether the source of the release is at the..."
- "Simple really, if you do a search or personalize your news with topics of interest, e.g. nuclear..."
- "What you're arguing is absolute nonsense. The intelligence community IS being effectively..."
- "Why bother if the electorate continues to elect the same politicians and do nothing to improve..."
- "Happy Eid! I think many of us often forget that many, many scientists are Muslims (brown people..."