Today computer science research has crossed a major threshold in producing a system that can be considered to display true intelligence. The system is purported to possess the ability to engage in conversations and even invoke creative use of language to express new and novel ideas. The system utilizes about 20 quad-core processors for processing speed while linking together several terrabytes of memory to maintain an active working set of functions. There is no appreciable delay in responses, and unlike systems of the past, this system displays a behavior that can only be considered "self-motivating" in initiating actions. Dr. Charles P. Unger suggested that perhaps this use of artificial intelligence still displayed many unresolved issues and clearly warranted significant future research. "Perhaps we should've focused more on artificial personality rather than intelligence, because this system is particularly cranky!." After a grueling morning of questions and intense conversations, the research team responsible for this development is relieved that the system has finally "shut up". "Nothing was good enough and we were all dolts," according to an account by one of the researchers who has chosen to remain anonymous. "Left up to me, I'd unplug the bloody thing". Despite their overwhelming success, the team isn't sure whether anyone can tolerate being in the same room with this system long enough to validate their results.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Vegetarians Found To Have More Cancer, Allergies And Mental Health Disorders
- Why There's No Escape From Our Problems On Mars, The Moon, or in Space Colonies if We Trash Earth
- The Chemical Secrets Found In Ancient Mars Rocks
- Before Neanderthals, Early Modern Humans Took Down A Giant Elephant In England
- New MRSA Superbug In Brazil
- Casual Marijuana Use Linked To Brain Abnormalities
- Key Milestone For Brown Fat Research With A Ground-breaking MRI Scan
- "The thing with alcohol and prescription drugs is that there are mountains of evidence, studies..."
- "Oh sorry, need to work on the title some more. The title you saw was a new one I did just a few..."
- " Then, perhaps, is there fossils or life expressions elsewhere? Isn’t the emergence and maintenance..."
- "There is a hole, and an anti-electron, as well as an electron in this theory?..."
- "You speak of not starting on mega-engineering projects, because discoveries of faster methods made..."
- Progressive neurodegenerative disorder linked to R-loop formation
- Prenatal risk factors may put children at risk of developing kidney disease
- New gene variant found increases the risk of colorectal cancer from eating processed meat
- Proteomics discovers link between muscle damage and cerebral malaria
- How the immune system prevents repeated malaria fever episodes in highly exposed children