Those of us attempting to curb our emissions can soon travel with a little less guilt. Boeing unveiled its ~300-seat greenliner in Seattle yesterday. Made largely of composites, it is lighter than other airplanes of a similar size, and thus will consume about 20% less fuel. And did I mention it looks cool, too?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Atheists In Foxholes? Not Many - And Less The More Soldiers Dislike War
- The Surfing Is Great On Titan This Time Of Year
- ATLAS Vs CMS Higgs Results: Which Experiment Has More Sensitivity ?
- Anti-Science Waves The White Flag In San Francisco Cell Phone Warning Label Lawsuit
- Is Cold Fusion For Real?!
- The Power Of Evolutionary Theory
- Does Tourism Revenue Help Birds In Protected Areas?
- "I've looked, and not found an answer: have they explored the possibility of using grey water? For..."
- "Now do this same study on Chinese soldiers during the Korean war, or the Japanese soldiers fighting..."
- "I recall reading one paper which asserted that multiple copies of genes is a primary driver of..."
- "Certainly a religious soldier would include aspects of his or her faith in any sort of counseling..."
- "Michael,I am a sucker for large databases. I'm working on something based of FAOStats which..."
- Economic incentives that increase blood donation but don't backfire?
- Enzym protective function: breast cancer advance that turns previous thinking on its head
- Water in the Anthropocene: Majority on Earth face severe water shortages within 2 generations
- A new strategy required in the search for Alzheimer's drugs?
- Genomic analysis lends insight to prostate cancer
Books By Writers Here