Those of us attempting to curb our emissions can soon travel with a little less guilt. Boeing unveiled its ~300-seat greenliner in Seattle yesterday. Made largely of composites, it is lighter than other airplanes of a similar size, and thus will consume about 20% less fuel. And did I mention it looks cool, too?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Vegetarians Found To Have More Cancer, Allergies And Mental Health Disorders
- No Escape From Our Problems in Space Colonies - Des. Res. of Solar System is Earth
- The Chemical Secrets Found In Ancient Mars Rocks
- Before Neanderthals, Early Modern Humans Took Down A Giant Elephant In England
- New MRSA Superbug In Brazil
- Casual Marijuana Use Linked To Brain Abnormalities
- Key Milestone For Brown Fat Research With A Ground-breaking MRI Scan
- "Trying a new title, maybe give a better idea of what the article is about, at least doesn't suggest..."
- "The thing with alcohol and prescription drugs is that there are mountains of evidence, studies..."
- "Oh sorry, need to work on the title some more. The title you saw was a new one I did just a few..."
- " Then, perhaps, is there fossils or life expressions elsewhere? Isn’t the emergence and maintenance..."
- "There is a hole, and an anti-electron, as well as an electron in this theory?..."
- Impact of childhood bullying still evident after 40 years
- Experts call for higher exam pass marks to close performance gap between international and UK medical graduates
- Is UK shale gas extraction posing a risk to public health?
- Progressive neurodegenerative disorder linked to R-loop formation
- Prenatal risk factors may put children at risk of developing kidney disease