Those of us attempting to curb our emissions can soon travel with a little less guilt. Boeing unveiled its ~300-seat greenliner in Seattle yesterday. Made largely of composites, it is lighter than other airplanes of a similar size, and thus will consume about 20% less fuel. And did I mention it looks cool, too?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- ADCY2 Gene Implicated In Bipolar Disorder
- Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - The Review
- Red Meat Helps Prevent Functional Decline In The Elderly
- Infection Is The Leading Cause Of Failed Prosthetic Knee Joints
- 5,000 Years: Recent Natural Selection Altered The Appearance Of Europeans
- Maybe The Dingo Ate Your Poison
- Genghis Khan Benefited From Climate Change
- "idahogie---- You are the winner in this argument with Campbell. And , you are right to be skeptical..."
- "That sounds just about right ................... sounds like most of our politicians have this..."
- "That guy is a crackpot but not everyone is. I have no idea what tea baggers or Pres. Obama have..."
- "Gail, the fact that the small amount of science that was going on during the dark and middle ages..."
- "Its simply not a good idea to burn anything to generate electricity, except natural gas. There..."
- A tailor made molecule against malaria
- Back surgery offers long-term societal benefits, according to new study
- Infection is the leading cause of failed prosthetic knee joints
- Theoretical analysis of patterns formed on the ancient Damascus blades
- Liver transplant may arrest neurological damage in a rare and progressive form of autism