Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett has announced that the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is accepting applications for projects related to abandoned mine drainage projects .
You'll have to be a non-profit or a government agency to get government money - the groups most likely to be able to do something on budget are prohibited from applying to get a grant from taxpayers.
The Growing Greener Grant Program is funded by a series of bond issues and a fee on waste entering landfills. The infusion of additional Act 13 revenues of more than $7.8 million restores funding levels to where they stood before the fund was obligated to pay debt service on the bond issues. A total of $16 million is available through the Pennsylvania Growing Greener program for projects to improve water quality in impaired waterways or to protect water quality where the watershed may be threatened by non-point sources, such as agricultural or urban runoff or acid mine drainage. Approved projects for this section of the grant solicitation must be completed by Dec. 31, 2018. The federal Water Pollution Control Act will provide $3 million for projects to support restoration of 35 such watersheds across the state. Projects for this section of the grant solicitation must be completed by Sept. 30, 2018.
As part of program to pay other government-funded groups to restore abandoned mine sites with government money, DEP also announced $2 million in federal Surface Mining Conservation and Reclamation Act funding for abandoned mine drainage projects. The federal program is funded by a fee on the active mining industry.
The grant solicitation runs through July 11th. For more information and to download a grant application, visit www.dep.state.pa.us and click the "Growing Greener" button.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- FDA Stiffs Go Soft On Pink Viagra
- Could Astronauts In The ISS Get All Their Oxygen & Food From Algae & Plants?
- Thou Shalt Have One Higgs - $100 Bet Won !
- Breast Cancer Study Misunderstood By Its Authors
- A Historical Moment For Diabetes
- Stem Cell Research Informed Consent: What To Know
- Say, Where Can We Get A Drink In This Solar System?
- "Bottom line is any drug with fluoride in it should be black boxed and restricted to life and death..."
- "I agree. No need to bet to enjoy the race, whatever time it takes. I do hope that the LHC experimenters..."
- "LOL! I laughed so hard at this article! This was before its time- love it. I am the Celiac who..."
- "Hi Tony,let me just say that I do hope your model is correct!!!And after all we don't need to go..."
- "The primary and first blood glucose test is the HbA1C test, as you surely must knowI surely know..."
- Goth teens more vulnerable to depression and self-harm
- 15 percent of cigarettes sold in NYC have illegal tax stamps
- Humans may be harmed by endocrine disrupting chemicals released during fracking, according to review
- Infliximab biosimilar approved in Australia - lower cost is great, but questions about safety remain
- The radiationless revolution in electromagnetics
Books By Writers Here