The LHC has been running very well in the last few weeks, and I can announce, with some anticipation, that the 1-inverse-femtobarn line will be crossed in the next few days. Check it out in the figure below, which shows, together with the delivered luminosity (red line), the one acquired by the CMS experiment (that is, the part acquired with CMS fully operational).
The total bounty available before the next shutdown (end of June) is probably going to amount to 1.3-1.4/fb. Expect exciting new results by ATLAS and CMS for the summer 2011 conferences!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- What Is Fat For?
- 76 Percent Of Millennials Want To Know What’s In Their DNA
- Cut Sodium Intake By Replacing Salt With Spices
- The CCA hypothesi explains Cosmology Puzzles
- Online Market For Invasive Plants Is Booming
- Drug Disarms Deadly C. Difficile Bacteria Without Destroying Healthy Gut Flora
- Babies Time Their Smiles To Make Their Moms Smile In Return
- "It is unlikely anyone did anything to you. And most of the slaves - before importation was outlawed..."
- "Yes, the war on guns will be about as successful as the war on drugs. Just say No! 3D-printed guns..."
- "Yes, we people of color need mental health care; we hallucinated white-perpetrated slavery, segregation..."
- "I am betting you need mental health care. You are trying to contend that the color of skin - but..."
- "Indeed, the name of the article is This Is the Lamest Defense of GMO Foods Ever and he false equivalences..."
- Why Is Mother Jones So Afraid Of Science? And Journalism?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Improves Health of Some Diabetics
- Ben Carson Bungles Again, Treating Cancer with Supplements
- No Vax, No School: US Supreme Court Backs NY State
- Remaking the Peanut to Make Schools Safer
- Ancient Chinese Medicine Not Magical, Nobel Prize or Not
- Immune gene prevents Parkinson's disease and dementia
- NASA satellite data shows Joaquin becoming a post-Tropical Cyclone
- NASA-NOAA's Suomi NPP sees wind-shear battered extra-tropical Oho
- Renewables and consumer choices key to sustainable energy use in EU's food sector
- NASA sees a speedy Extra-Tropical Storm Choi-Wan