If you've ever been a grad student, post-doc, or a research assistant, surely there have been days when you thought, "This is the worst research project on the planet. Is this really science? Does anyone else see how crazy this is? Am I the only one in this lab who speaks English?" And worst of all—"Why the hell am I putting myself through this torture?"
Oh, yeah... a degree. That's right.
So how do you vent your frustrations while maintaining your cool, thus preventing a nervous breakdown and/or expulsion? Channel Lady Gaga like these students did!
Behold: "Bad Project"
Thanks to the lovely and talented Lisa Donchak for the link!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- Science Left Behind: The Anti-Vaccine Update Update
- Finding Fracking Fluids In The Environment
- Ashes And Vegetables: The Diet Of Roman Gladiators Was Rather Poor
- Dopamine Receptor Agonist Drugs Linked To Gambling And Hypersexuality
- Manly Men And Feminine Women Are Not Evolutionary Mandates - They Are Urban Ones
- What's Hiding Under The Clouds Of Venus - Heavy Metal Frost?
- "God, where does the energy come from to drive the never ending comments for this article? I suppose..."
- "http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/HPV/index.html says no interesting difference in side..."
- "This article supports the idea that I state as follows: Nobody chooses their religion or world..."
- "Not mine, many post anon cuz if you block by IP you'll surely block by name. BTW I've posted all..."
- "California voting is variable? No, it isn't, redistricting pushed the 36% of the state that are..."
- An end to fat shaming? The 50 year DNA mystery of metabolic dysfunction may soon be solved
- Egg freezing: a smart career move?
- Despite resistance, China will dominate future of GMOs
- Should Science and Nature run advertorial by wacky Dr. Bronner’s that misleads on GMOs?
- Jack the Ripper’s identity remains a mystery after error in DNA analysis revealed
- Seed patent primer: Is the use of GMOs preventing farmers from reusing their seeds?
- Special UO microscope captures defects in nanotubes
- When the isthmus is an island: Madison's hottest, and coldest, spots
- Researchers identify new cell signaling pathway thought to play role in rheumatoid arthritis
- In disease outbreak management, flexibility can save lives and money
- Flexibility in disease outbreak management could save lives and money