If you've ever been a grad student, post-doc, or a research assistant, surely there have been days when you thought, "This is the worst research project on the planet. Is this really science? Does anyone else see how crazy this is? Am I the only one in this lab who speaks English?" And worst of all—"Why the hell am I putting myself through this torture?"
Oh, yeah... a degree. That's right.
So how do you vent your frustrations while maintaining your cool, thus preventing a nervous breakdown and/or expulsion? Channel Lady Gaga like these students did!
Behold: "Bad Project"
Thanks to the lovely and talented Lisa Donchak for the link!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Law has Failed, Not Forensic Science
- Energy-Space Photography Captures Light Behaving As A Wave And A Particle
- Sun's Impact On Climate Is Greater In Cool Periods
- The Real Meaning Of The Blue Black White Gold Dress
- Cats Use Sight Over Smell When Finding Food
- How Mr. Spock Changed Our Perception Of Science
- Francis Halzen On Cosmogenic Neutrinos
- "It's interesting how Campbell claims that the aging Linus Pauling said things that are a little..."
- "Presumably, John Collins refers to “Predicting Erroneous Convictions,” by Jon B. Gould and..."
- "David:My first, gut reaction was my math sure looks fishy :-) Small m is a scalar, small..."
- "they probably play important roles in microbial communities and ecosystems. But we don't yet fully..."
- "initiatives from which Kafadar, Mazza, and others in similar positions stand to enjoy considerable..."