If you've ever been a grad student, post-doc, or a research assistant, surely there have been days when you thought, "This is the worst research project on the planet. Is this really science? Does anyone else see how crazy this is? Am I the only one in this lab who speaks English?" And worst of all—"Why the hell am I putting myself through this torture?"
Oh, yeah... a degree. That's right.
So how do you vent your frustrations while maintaining your cool, thus preventing a nervous breakdown and/or expulsion? Channel Lady Gaga like these students did!
Behold: "Bad Project"
Thanks to the lovely and talented Lisa Donchak for the link!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- WISE J224607.57-052635.0, The Most Luminous Galaxy In The Universe
- Blue Buffalo Admits Its Pet Food Contains The Poultry Byproduct It Ridicules In Competitors
- WHO Reports: Obesity Crisis In Europe
- Nuclear Power Isn't Really Zero-emission, But Neither Is Anything Else
- Non-Joulian Magnetostriction May Energize The World
- Tanzania's Disappearing Serengeti
- "Great article and comments! I tend to sound so rough in my comments, I realize it when I read them..."
- "1) Yes! Too easy, also the next three sound plausible. 2) cosmic rays Cosmic Ray-assisted collisions..."
- "I should have read more carefully! 3) per nucleon! Pb has about 200 nucleons, so sqrt(s) goes beyond..."
- "ah yes absolutely right, very clever view on the subject indeed, its for people like you the Nation..."
- "1) N. How could Tommaso know if I read my local paper. 2) N. Chance is minuscule. Never been detected..."
- Mental 'map' and 'compass' are two separate systems
- Head injuries could result in neurodegenerative disease in rugby union players
- Time is muscle in acute heart failure
- American Indian students disproportionately disciplined compared to white students
- What's the best, most effective way to take notes?