This is my observation. Intelligent people are a minority.
There is an abundance of businesses, causes, and charities that are addressing problems. Addressing and milking them for every dime they can make to the tunes of billions dollars. They are scared of the truth, or the solution to the problems.
Whole industries built around perpetuating problems.
If things like the cure to cancer is reveled the hospital industry would be devastated. Medical treatments that leave the victims dependent needing drugs and medical care for life, all doctor induced because It good business to have more patients. Even though there are treatments that don't have the side effects.
Charities who's mission ends up to grow the charity not to solve the problem, or they would be out of a job. Even religion is and has been scared of science and solutions, as the truth empowers the masses.
Large corporations are controlling the local businesses, with do it our way or someone else will take over and follow corporate. Unfortunately corporate only cares about corporate not what the different regions businesses need or want.
We are mired in a society that rewards ignorance and greed. Try pushing your 100+ mpg car at a trade show. Speaking of gas where is the evolution of our gasoline engines in 1976 Shell Oil engineers produced an experimental competition car that got 376 mpg, almost 400 mpg. And here we are in 2009 without a high mpg gasoline engine. But we have over 400 patents on gas saving devices.
What I see is we are in an immediate gratification society. I believe we need a change to continue the evolution of our society based on truth and solving our problems. Something for the long term, I honestly believe we are better, smarter and need advances in our culture and society based on solutions and truth.
Hopefully we will have a time of mass enlightenment and grow the intelligence of our world's societies.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- BPA-Free, With Regrets
- Why Do Spacecraft Like ESA's Schiaperelli Crash On Mars So Easily?
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- New President - Pivot To Moon On Way To Mars? Lunar Spelunking & Science Surprises
- Biofuels Are A Climate Mistake
- An Astronaut Gardener On The Moon - Summits Of Sunlight And Vast Lunar Caves In Low Gravity
- "For years I've been telling a friend of mine who is diabetic to stop drinking diet soda. He starts..."
- "Instead of the original article - the comments of Chandra Kant Raju are here..."
- "Good points indeed. But I think what the ESA did this time is unusual, so unusual, I don't think..."
- "I agree with most of what you say, but I don't think it's accurate to say that there isn't a statistically..."
- "Oh, you mean things like this?Sunset photo by Tom Hall.That's just the thing I explained above..."
- Necrotizing Fasciitis: A Profound Mystery in Medical Microbiology
- Early Math Classes Biased Against Girls, Affecting Career Choices, Study Finds
- Sucralose Study Ripe for Scare-Mongering
- Is Modern Feminism Incompatible with Science?
- When All Else Fails, Bribing Kids to Eat Better
- Kathleen Gyllenhaal: 'IN UTERO' in Hollywood Q&A