- Microcurrents In The Management Of Hypertension, Diabetes And Chronic Wounds
When there are more free radicals present than can be kept in balance by antioxidants, the free radicals can start doing damage to fatty tissue, DNA, and proteins in your body. ...
Article - Heidi Henderson - Nov 27 2019 - 5:11pm
- Drinking Deaths Doubled? No, Alcohol Is Just Taking The Place Of Smoking In Broad 'Contributing' Claims
About 300 year die each year due to heat, but if you look at the statistics of heat deaths another 300 list heat as a "contributing" cause, which means something else killed them but heat may have made the thing that caused the death more likely. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 21 2020 - 12:54pm
- Drugs For Different Bodies: The Female Side Of Pharmaceuticals
Maria-Rosa was a robust woman in her late forties with a loud voice and an infectious laugh. She was a project manager at a local contracting firm, a grandmother, and a born nurturer. During her multiple visits to the emergency department, she got to know ...
Article - Alyson McGregor - May 18 2020 - 12:49pm
- Hydroxychloroquine Does Not Prevent COVID-19 In Human Clinical Trial
Hydroxychloroquine is an effective drug for the treatment of diseases like lupus and malaria and because it is used off-label for maladies that act in a biologically similar way to how COVID-19, caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, acts in the body, there has b ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 30 2020 - 2:18pm
- ACE Inhibitors And ARB Blood Pressure Medicines Work About Equally But This One Has More Side Effects
Blood pressure is a risk factor for a heart event and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are common prescriptions. Both types of medicines work on the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, a group of rel ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 27 2021 - 6:51pm
- How To Get More Women In Cardiovascular Clinical Trials?
Nearly 30 years ago, scientists agreed that for clinical trial results to be valid for both sexes, they needed more women. Yet women seem to be a lot less likely to sign up for clinical trials for cardiovascular disease. The authors of a new paper outline ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 9 2021 - 3:50pm
- A Cure For Plantar Fasciitis May Be Fat Injections
In a pilot study, a fat injection procedure improved symptoms of plantar fasciitis in patients, and the authors of the paper hope it will get a company or NGO interested in a clinical trial. ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 25 2022 - 6:29pm