- The Cost of Australia’s GM Canola Moratorium
Substantial environment impacts due to rejection of GM canola ...
Blog Post - Stuart Smyth - Sep 26 2016 - 3:56pm
- Rogue Environmentalism: How Environmental Defense Fund Hijacked American Fishing, Using Walmart Funding
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), one of the nation's largest environmental groups, which has been bankrolled with $50 million from the heirs to the Walmart fortune, has spent millions of dollars pushing a wholesale change in how the U.S. manages its ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 5 2016 - 2:42pm
- Petri Nets Tool Wins Innovation Prize At Agriculture Conference
A mathematical model that assists in decision-making at a facility devoted to the cultivation and production of the common mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) has received the prize for the best scientific contribution during the 2nd International Food Operation ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 7 2016 - 11:00am
- President Elect Trump- Why Climate Change Is No Longer A Political Issue Outside The US
Donald Trump has just been elected as US president, as a Republican climate skeptic. So if you are from the US you may get the impression that this is a political debate between “lefties” who think climate change is real and “righties” who think it isn’t. ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 26 2018 - 3:50am
- Back to Square 1- First Steps in Climate Science
Back to Square 1- First Steps in Climate Science Step 1- we humans discover that the Arctic accumulates more heat on a summer's day then the equatorial regions. Step 2- we realise that our atmosphere is heated not so much directly by the sun but by h ...
Blog Post - Patrick Lockerby - Nov 20 2016 - 8:31am
- Order Patterned With Chaos- How Climate Is Predicted For Decades- With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
How can we predict the climate so far ahead when we can't do an accurate weather forecast even ten days ahead? Well it is remarkable that we can forecast our weather even one day ahead, and by looking at how the forecasters do that we can begin to un ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 22 2019 - 8:32am
- Environmental Opportunity In A Trump Presidency
Though environmental activists are aghast that Republicans now control the White House, the Senate and the House for the first time since the 1920s, at least a few have come to some self-awareness that non-stop lobbying against jobs and poor people, and fo ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 15 2016 - 12:36pm
- Climate Change Made The Sahara Green- Then Took It Away Again
From 5,000 to 11,000 years ago, what is now the Sahara Desert had 10X the rainfall it does today and was home to hunter-gatherers who lived in the region's savannahs and wooded grasslands. By analyzing marine sediments, rainfall patterns in the Sahara ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 19 2017 - 10:11am
- It's Been Another Record Year For Agriculture- When Do Climate Change Forecasts Come True?
In 2006, former U.S. Vice-President Al Gore predicted that we only had 10 years to stave off our carbon dioxide doom, with plummeting yields in Africa, the Himalayas melting and other doomsday scenarios happening by 2016. ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 19 2017 - 2:09pm
- The Global Warming "Hiatus" Was Always Statistical Nonsense, But Now the Talking Point is in Hiatus
A lot has been said about the so-called "hiatus" in Global Warming starting in 1998, a major El Niño year. Perhaps the best illustration of the problem with the talking point is an animation titled "The Escalator", over at skepticalscie ...
Blog Post - Jose S - Jan 29 2017 - 12:04am