- It's Been Another Record Year For Agriculture- When Do Climate Change Forecasts Come True?
In 2006, former U.S. Vice-President Al Gore predicted that we only had 10 years to stave off our carbon dioxide doom, with plummeting yields in Africa, the Himalayas melting and other doomsday scenarios happening by 2016. ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 19 2017 - 2:09pm
- The Global Warming "Hiatus" Was Always Statistical Nonsense, But Now the Talking Point is in Hiatus
A lot has been said about the so-called "hiatus" in Global Warming starting in 1998, a major El Niño year. Perhaps the best illustration of the problem with the talking point is an animation titled "The Escalator", over at skepticalscie ...
Blog Post - Jose Solorzano - Jan 29 2017 - 12:04am
- A Primitive, Non-Photosynthesizing Microbe Still Had The Precursor Of Photosynthesis
A primitive, non-photosynthesizing microbe, Methanospirillum hungatei, which is thought to have existed since before the development of photosynthesis, possess genes similar to those that play a role in photosynthesis, finds a new study. Photosynthesis, cr ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 31 2017 - 1:50pm
- Why Vegetable Farmers Aren't On Board The No-Till Train
No-till farming uses cover crops to conserve soil and suppress weeds but many vegetable producers haven't embraced it yet. The reason is simple; small-seeded vegetable crops struggle to emerge through thick cover crop residues. A recent program sought ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 18 2017 - 10:03pm
- Citrus Greening Disease Continues To Spread
Since being found in Florida just a little more than a year and a half ago, citrus greening disease, which originated in China a century ago, has spread from 8 to 23 counties. The disease, called Huanglongbing (yellow shoot) in Asia, is spread by the bacte ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 27 2017 - 10:04am
- Association Created Between Texas Weather, Monarch Butterflies And Glyphosate
A paper has linked Monarch butterfly populations to glyphosate- but only when it was first used, and not when it was most heavily used. It also linked the populations to seasonal variation. That is to be expected, except since it's 2017, they try to c ...
Article - News Staff - May 17 2017 - 11:04am
- New Perspectives On The U.S. Corn Belt
The nighttime satellite photos of the Earth reveal much about the population distribution of the developed world through the intensity of the artificial lighting being observed. ...
Article - David LePoire - Jun 23 2017 - 1:49pm
- Hawking Says Trump Could Tip Earth To Hot Venus Climate- Is It True? What Can Earth's Climate Tip To?
Stephen Hawking celebrated his seventy fifth birthday on the 2nd July. We can all be delighted that he lived so long, and continues in robust health, after he was diagnosed to survive only three years. May he continue to "live long and prosper" ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 2 2019 - 1:41pm
- An Open Letter to California's State Water Control Board on Perchlorate
Blog Post - Norm Benson - Jul 11 2017 - 12:22pm
- Analogies in Major Historical Transitions
Blog Post - David LePoire - Jul 16 2017 - 3:23pm