- Analogies in Major Historical Transitions
Blog Post - David LePoire - Jul 16 2017 - 3:23pm
- Even The Smell Of A Predator Can Cause Animal Extinction
There is ongoing concern about species extinction but it isn't just the fact that 99.999% of species have never been cataloged, so it's impossible to know how many are extinct, it's that Mother Nature may cause it long before we could. A new ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 24 2017 - 6:07pm
- If Regular Farming Is Now "Factory" Style, Why Do Only 0.4% Of Farms Pay Estate Taxes?
The President has declared he is against the Estate tax, and he is not alone. For decades it has seemed punitive to levy a special tax on wealth people already paid taxes on just because the person who paid the taxes died. In North Dakota, President Trump ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 8 2017 - 1:23pm
- USDA Scolds National Organic Program For Lax Enforcement
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of Inspector General recently did an audit of the National Organic Program, which is part of its Agricultural Marketing Services group. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 22 2017 - 10:20am
- Bumble Bee Studies Show How Science Can Be Massaged
Two recent studies on the health of bumblebees and links to neonicotinoids were published simultaneously last month in sister publications of the prestigious science journal empire Nature. Both examined closely similar scientific questions, with somewhat ...
Article - Jon Entine - Sep 28 2017 - 10:28am
- The Homeopathy Beliefs About Neonicotinoids And Honey
If you read a headline declaring that scientists had discovered that up to 75 percent of human food samples were found to be contaminated with some scary-sounding substance, like arsenic, what would you think? (1) You'd be worried, and rightfully so. ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 16 2017 - 4:02pm
- Palm Oil And Rainforests: Companies Are Abandoning Commitments, Says Group
A San Francisco activist group claims major candy and snack manufacturers have deceived consumers by promising to clean up their palm oil supply chains, but these promises have been delayed, revised or watered down. Palm Oil is a common vegetable oil, Nute ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 1 2017 - 1:49pm
- Defeating ISIS Is Good For The Environment
Life in the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) is not exactly paradise. Children are indoctrinated, women are severely oppressed, and infidels are beheaded. Ancient cultural artifacts and historical treasures are destroyed. Liberating people conquered by ISIS ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 29 2018 - 7:57pm
- 15,000 Scientists Sign Letter Urging More Action On Climate Change And Other Issues- This Is Positive- Not A Doomsday!
This is a story that's running at the moment- hugely sensationalized and made as pessimistic and gloomy as could be. in many of the papers, especially the sensationalist press, it's presented as a "Doomsday prediction". It's nothi ...
Article - Robert Walker - Dec 11 2018 - 9:59pm
- Organic Peat Moss Is Unsustainable And Harmful- Biochar Could Save The Day
Plant lovers love peat moss, it is the major component of potting mix and popular in greenhouses and gardens, but the 'back to nature' movement has caused it to be depleted faster than it can re-form, and it contributes to the release of carbon d ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 9 2018 - 12:43pm