- Positive Side Of Climate Change Facts- After Two Years Of Climate Change Action, Heading For 3°C With 1.5°C Well Within Reach
Almost nobody seems to report the positive side of our recent climate change action. It’s remarkable what we’ve done in two years, which gives us much hope that we can indeed rise to the challenge. I have never in my life seen such a coming together of na ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 23 2019 - 4:55am
- Paul Mills, Who Claims He Can Talk With The Dead, Featured In TIME Magazine Glyphosate Article
The activist army in the war on common pesticides like glyphosate (and adjacently GMOs, they don't know enough science to know they are different) is having a Gettysburg moment. (1) They are out of options so they are making a desperate charge but th ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 15 2019 - 11:31am
- Palm Oil Is Causing Deforestation And Other Myths Environmentalists Want To Dispel
Palm oil is being blamed for a lot but two academic conservationists note that those who ask to boycott all palm oil due to its contribution to deforestation should also consider boycotting coffee, chocolate and coconut if they wish to be consistent. Are y ...
Article - News Staff - May 28 2019 - 2:19pm
- Nomads Helped Spread Agriculture Across Eurasia
When we think of agriculture, we don't think of nomadic hunter-gatherers who simply followed nature rather than harnessing it. But they engaged in trade also. Millet, originally domesticated in China, was likely consumed at low levels by pastoralists ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 10 2019 - 4:51pm
- 600 Plant Species Extinct (0.15%) NOT 'Bad News For All Species'- Scary And Clickbait BBC News- Annotated
This article is scaring people, with the usual “all going to be extinct soon ” hype that we have had so many stories about this year. It is running in many news sources. I am not singling out the BBC as such but many people have come to rely on the BBC as ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jun 11 2019 - 4:43pm
- OOPS- Puerto Rican Insects In Forest Canopy Increase With Warmth- Not Decline- And Frogs Like The Warmth Too
This is about that much publicized insect collapse in Puerto Rico, which the authors blamed on climate change. It turns out that they made a natural but rather big mistake, not correcting for the effects of Hurricane Hugo, which increased the numbers of b ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 3 2019 - 2:24am
- The Steep Climb Of Vertical Farms And Where Urban Ag Might Be Revolutionary
Article - Marc Brazeau - Jun 14 2019 - 8:55am
- Genetically Engineered American Chestnut Will Help Restore The Decimated, Iconic Tree
American chestnut trees were once among the most majestic hardwood trees in the eastern deciduous forests, many reaching 80 to 120 feet in height and eight feet or more in diameter. The “then boundless chestnut woods” Thoreau wrote about in Walden once ...
Article - The Conversation - Jun 17 2019 - 12:57pm
- Acceleration Of Himalayan Glacier Loss Is Due To Warming- Billion Need Climate Resilience On Rivers Like Yangte, Ganges & Indus
This has lead to some clickbait headlines such as “Glacier melting doubled since 2000, spy satellites show”. However, that’ not what is new about this study; its figures just confirmed earlier results. Increased glacier loss is one of the more robust pred ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 3 2019 - 2:26am
- Oceans Raised 0.5 Mm By July From Near Record Greenland Ice Melt- But Last Year It Gained Ice- What Is Long Term Prospect?
Short summary: This is another climate change story hitting the news which is not the scary thing it seems to be. Yes it is likely to be due to global warming and yes it adds to sea level rise. Yes, the early melt this summer is likely to mean a significa ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 3 2019 - 10:08am