- In Chernobyl, It's No Bleak Metro 2033 Scenario- Wildlife Is Abundant
Wildlife is abundant in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, found a month-long camera study which found 10 mammal and five bird species scavenging fish carcasses placed on the shoreline of rivers and canals there. Among the species were white-tailed eagles, Amer ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 4 2019 - 12:20pm
- Ants, Twinkies, Cockroaches; What Could Really Survive A Nuclear Apocalypse?
Cockroaches have a reputation for resilience, likely contributing to the belief that they could even survive a nuclear bomb and subsequent radiation exposure. And though Fukushima was not a nuclear bomb, or even a real disaster (more people died trying to ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 20 2019 - 10:25am
- UN Biodiversity Report Far From Bleak- Encouraging Survey Of Measures To Preserve, Mapping Ways Forward To Meet Challenges
This UN Report is not saying we are going to be unable to feed everyone. But we need to be careful to maintain the biodiversity of the wild relatives of our crops and also of our ecosystems to be most resilient. We don’t risk mass famine, they say that sp ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 4 2019 - 1:45pm
- Siberian Permafrost Carbon Release Significant But Exaggerated In News- Fifth Of Degree By 2299 At Most, Can Be Carbon Negative
Short summary. The journalist stories often don't even mention that studies are not agreed on whether it is carbon positive or even perhaps carbon negative. The amount in the worst case is around an extra quarter of a degree rise by 2100, a slow burn ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 5 2019 - 7:54pm
- Forests Are The Green Lung Of The Earth- And The Younger The Better
Though the common refrain is that old growth rainforests are the only way to stave off global warming and must be preserved at all costs, a new analysis makes the case for logging and takes some hot air out of the environmental balloon. It found that the ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 13 2019 - 5:55pm
- New Claim Is That Weedkiller Glyphosate Causes Higher Phosphorus Levels Too
With a strange verdict by a jury in San Francisco, it became open season on glyphosate, a common weedkiller in use for generations. One new claim is that it leads to higher phosphorous levels. Yet glyphosate only contains trace nutrients, nothing like what ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 14 2019 - 6:17pm
- Caucasian Diets Implicated More In Climate Change
The more intensive and narrow the agricultural process, the more intensive the greenhouse gas emissions- which means your organic vegetables, wild-caught salmon, and free-range grass fed beef is a larger contributor to climate change than modern farming te ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 27 2019 - 5:29pm
- Deep Adaptation Is- ‘Crap’- Climate Scientist Michael Mann- This Is The Paper 'So Depressing It Sends People To Therapy'
I was astonished to find out that the BBC linked to this “paper” in a recent article about eco-anxiety without explaining to the reader that it is just “crap”. There I'm quoting the distinguished climate scientist Michael Mann, director of the Earth ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 3 2019 - 2:27am
- Europeans Keep Telling Peru To Preserve The Rainforest The Way Europe Wants But Nevertheless Peru Persisted
University of Bonn environmentalists and economists say Peru's National Forest Conservation Program needs to do more ro protect the rainforest. Peru, on the other hand, is navigating the shackled man problem(1); that developed countries want the rest ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 5 2019 - 5:37pm
- Bayer Releases All Glyphosate Safety Studies Used By European Food Safety Authority
Every regulatory body in the world has found that the weedkiller glyphosate is only harmful for plants. And huge studies of over 50,000 farmers have found the same. That hasn't stopped trial lawyers and trade groups that aid them or promote competitor ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 23 2019 - 8:45am