- Forests Are The Green Lung Of The Earth- And The Younger The Better
Though the common refrain is that old growth rainforests are the only way to stave off global warming and must be preserved at all costs, a new analysis makes the case for logging and takes some hot air out of the environmental balloon. It found that the ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 13 2019 - 5:55pm
- New Claim Is That Weedkiller Glyphosate Causes Higher Phosphorus Levels Too
With a strange verdict by a jury in San Francisco, it became open season on glyphosate, a common weedkiller in use for generations. One new claim is that it leads to higher phosphorous levels. Yet glyphosate only contains trace nutrients, nothing like what ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 14 2019 - 6:17pm
- Caucasian Diets Implicated More In Climate Change
The more intensive and narrow the agricultural process, the more intensive the greenhouse gas emissions- which means your organic vegetables, wild-caught salmon, and free-range grass fed beef is a larger contributor to climate change than modern farming te ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 27 2019 - 5:29pm
- Europeans Keep Telling Peru To Preserve The Rainforest The Way Europe Wants But Nevertheless Peru Persisted
University of Bonn environmentalists and economists say Peru's National Forest Conservation Program needs to do more ro protect the rainforest. Peru, on the other hand, is navigating the shackled man problem(1); that developed countries want the rest ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 5 2019 - 5:37pm
- Bayer Releases All Glyphosate Safety Studies Used By European Food Safety Authority
Every regulatory body in the world has found that the weedkiller glyphosate is only harmful for plants. And huge studies of over 50,000 farmers have found the same. That hasn't stopped trial lawyers and trade groups that aid them or promote competitor ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 23 2019 - 8:45am
- Farmstand: A Celebrity-Backed Bong The Size Of A Phone Booth That Grows Superfoods For Rich Elites
Zooey Deschanel, whose picture could be in the dictionary under "adorkable" thanks to starring roles in "Elf" and "New Girl", isn't well regarded in science, and hasn't been since for as long as she's been under ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 15 2019 - 5:24pm
- Positive Side Of Climate Change Facts- After Two Years Of Climate Change Action, Heading For 3°C With 1.5°C Well Within Reach
Almost nobody seems to report the positive side of our recent climate change action. It’s remarkable what we’ve done in two years, which gives us much hope that we can indeed rise to the challenge. I have never in my life seen such a coming together of na ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 23 2019 - 4:55am
- Paul Mills, Who Claims He Can Talk With The Dead, Featured In TIME Magazine Glyphosate Article
The activist army in the war on common pesticides like glyphosate (and adjacently GMOs, they don't know enough science to know they are different) is having a Gettysburg moment. (1) They are out of options so they are making a desperate charge but th ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 15 2019 - 11:31am
- Palm Oil Is Causing Deforestation And Other Myths Environmentalists Want To Dispel
Palm oil is being blamed for a lot but two academic conservationists note that those who ask to boycott all palm oil due to its contribution to deforestation should also consider boycotting coffee, chocolate and coconut if they wish to be consistent. Are y ...
Article - News Staff - May 28 2019 - 2:19pm
- Nomads Helped Spread Agriculture Across Eurasia
When we think of agriculture, we don't think of nomadic hunter-gatherers who simply followed nature rather than harnessing it. But they engaged in trade also. Millet, originally domesticated in China, was likely consumed at low levels by pastoralists ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 10 2019 - 4:51pm