- Absurd Blog Post At Arctic News Predicts 10 °C Rise In Global Temperatures By 2026- QUADRATIC To EXTRAPOLATE!
Am debunking this page because it makes a scary prediction of a 10 °C rise by 2026. It is very very silly. By far the silliest post I’ve seen on climate change, and that’s saying something, I’ve seen some ridiculous posts, but this takes the biscuit. I ca ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 13 2019 - 9:36am
- Farmstand: A Celebrity-Backed Bong The Size Of A Phone Booth That Grows Superfoods For Rich Elites
Zooey Deschanel, whose picture could be in the dictionary under "adorkable" thanks to starring roles in "Elf" and "New Girl", isn't well regarded in science, and hasn't been since for as long as she's been under ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 15 2019 - 5:24pm
- Positive Side Of Climate Change Facts- After Two Years Of Climate Change Action, Heading For 3°C With 1.5°C Well Within Reach
Almost nobody seems to report the positive side of our recent climate change action. It’s remarkable what we’ve done in two years, which gives us much hope that we can indeed rise to the challenge. I have never in my life seen such a coming together of na ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 23 2019 - 4:55am
- Paul Mills, Who Claims He Can Talk With The Dead, Featured In TIME Magazine Glyphosate Article
The activist army in the war on common pesticides like glyphosate (and adjacently GMOs, they don't know enough science to know they are different) is having a Gettysburg moment. (1) They are out of options so they are making a desperate charge but th ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 15 2019 - 11:31am
- Palm Oil Is Causing Deforestation And Other Myths Environmentalists Want To Dispel
Palm oil is being blamed for a lot but two academic conservationists note that those who ask to boycott all palm oil due to its contribution to deforestation should also consider boycotting coffee, chocolate and coconut if they wish to be consistent. Are y ...
Article - News Staff - May 28 2019 - 2:19pm
- Climate Change Will NOT End Human Civilization By 2050, 'Overblown Rhetoric And Unsupportable Doomist Framing' Says Michael Mann
This is scaring so many people and is running in so many online news outlets, but has no scientific credibility. It's written by a couple of businessmen, with a foreword by a retired admiral, and no scientific peer review. I was glad to see that at l ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jul 25 2019 - 12:50am
- Nomads Helped Spread Agriculture Across Eurasia
When we think of agriculture, we don't think of nomadic hunter-gatherers who simply followed nature rather than harnessing it. But they engaged in trade also. Millet, originally domesticated in China, was likely consumed at low levels by pastoralists ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 10 2019 - 4:51pm
- 600 Plant Species Extinct (0.15%) NOT 'Bad News For All Species'- Scary And Clickbait BBC News- Annotated
This article is scaring people, with the usual “all going to be extinct soon ” hype that we have had so many stories about this year. It is running in many news sources. I am not singling out the BBC as such but many people have come to rely on the BBC as ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jun 11 2019 - 4:43pm
- OOPS- Puerto Rican Insects In Forest Canopy Increase With Warmth- Not Decline- And Frogs Like The Warmth Too
This is about that much publicized insect collapse in Puerto Rico, which the authors blamed on climate change. It turns out that they made a natural but rather big mistake, not correcting for the effects of Hurricane Hugo, which increased the numbers of b ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 3 2019 - 2:24am
- The Steep Climb Of Vertical Farms And Where Urban Ag Might Be Revolutionary
Article - Marc Brazeau - Jun 14 2019 - 8:55am