- Paper Does NOT Mean 88% Of All Large Freshwater Creatures Are Gone- Figure Emphasizes Impacts On Tiny Populations
These "Living Planet Index" population figures are potentially confusing if you don't know how to read them and they have lead to many mistaken media stories. It does not mean that there are 88% less total numbers of large animals in our ri ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 11 2019 - 5:03pm
- North Sea Dogger Bank Wind Turbine Project Could Supply More Power To The EU By 2045 Than Coal Does Now
This is a plan for a wind turbine hub in the North Sea on Dogger Bank, that could up to 180GW by 2045 in time to help Europe achieve net zero emissions. The “Dogger Bank”, is the sunken Doggerland, a region of the North Sea that used to be above the sea i ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 14 2019 - 8:20pm
- Rising Water Stress Slowed Down RATE Of Increase In Greening- World Still Greening Fast
This is an interesting paper but it’s been misreported widely. Over the last decade the world has continued to get greener almost everywhere, because of the CO2 fertilization effect, lengthening growing seasons in northern latitudes and human initiatives ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 16 2019 - 2:29am
- AmazonFACE Project Study: Rainforest Absorbs Less Carbon Than Previously Estimated
If you read English newspaper The Guardian, you will be convinced farming is killing us all. Instead of being the negative they persistently insist, food is a basic resource, we will literally die without it, and the modern world is creating more food at a ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 20 2019 - 9:35am
- The Amazon Fire This And Next Time
Not so long ago it was thought that Amazonian forests and other tropical rainforest regions were completely immune to fires, thanks to the high moisture content of the undergrowth beneath the protection of the canopy tree cover. But the severe droughts of ...
Article - Carlos Peres - Aug 23 2019 - 1:00pm
- With Such Fierce Fires, Why Doesn't Entire Rainforest Burn Down? Answers For Scared People- And Positive Developments In Brazil
This is something puzzles and scares some people. Why is most of the Amazon jungle still untouched by fire? Isn't there a risk that the Brazilian wildfires sweep across the entire Amazon and destroy all the remaining tropical forest? However, we get ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 30 2019 - 6:08pm
- Your Refrigerator Is Where All That Farmer's Market Produce Goes To Die
In America, some groups tell us expiration dates on food are just a conservative guideline while other groups insist that if someone buys expired food the merchant should go to jail. In Europe it can be even more strange, they once tried to ban ugly fruit ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 29 2019 - 11:08am
- No Scientific Cliff Edge Of 12 Years To Save Planet (or 18 Months)- Can IPCC Challenge 'Deadlines Make Headlines' Misreporting?
Yes there is much we need to do and can do. As we ramp up on pledges quickly we reduce future impacts of droughts, wild fires, hurricanes and other climate related local disasters. We will reduce the effects of sea level rise, and avert warming levels lik ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 31 2019 - 3:36pm
- Is Amazon Rainforest Burning At Record Rates? What Is The Way Forward?
Short summary: we have had wild fires for many years now in the Amazon, even in the tropical rainforest- mainly started by humans for forest clearing and ranching. It is not enough to impact significantly on the Paris agreement pledges yet, though it is i ...
Article - Robert Walker - Sep 2 2019 - 3:50pm
- Science Not Hype: EPA Confirms Again That Food Has Safe Pesticide Levels
The final results of of the latest annual Pesticide Residue Monitoring Program found that samples are again below the tolerance levels set by the EPA. The FDA evaluates foods annually for pesticide residues. Final results from the surveys are released afte ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 13 2019 - 12:11pm