- The Alarming Decline In Avian Wildlife
Habitat loss, climate change, unregulated harvest and pollution have all contributed to severe ecological challenges encompassing countless species around the world. The inordinate focus on species extinction has, ironically, led to an under apprecia ...
Article - Scott Beers - Sep 24 2019 - 8:02am
- No Conker Tree Is NOT Really At Risk Of Extinction- Is About Native Original Distribution In Greece, Albania And Macedonia
This is another scary headline that doesn’t mean what it seems to mean from the titles. We do not risk a world without the conker tree and there is no way it can go extinct. After all it is easy to cultivate. Here is an example story to debunk: 'Alar ...
Article - Robert Walker - Sep 27 2019 - 2:25pm
- Twitter Panic Over 5 Square Meters Of Bubbling Methane- Natural Arctic Methane Increase Is Comparable To Human Emissions
We often get scary stories saying that Arctic methane emissions are increasing. Recently many are panicking about a story in NewsWeek which has been widely retweeted. When you drill down to the details is about a tiny patch of Arctic methane bubbles in th ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 10 2019 - 1:03am
- No We Do Not Risk Birds Vanishing From The US Skies- And Have We Really Lost 3 Billion Birds Since 1970?
This is another study that has hit the news, this time scaring people with the idea that the whole of the US may lose all its birds rapidly in the near future. Short summary- studies like this are hard to do and the 3 billion figure should be treated caut ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 11 2019 - 8:51pm
- This Is How You Save A Million Threatened Species- And Make Biodiversity Great Again- The Solutions In The UN IPBES Report
You have probably seen the headlines “One million species threatened with extinction and humans to blame” and such like. But did you know, the UN study that lead to those headlines analysed the reasons we continue to lose species to extinction, and found ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 14 2019 - 8:36am
- Is Amazon Rainforest Burning At Record Rates? What Is The Way Forward?
Short summary: we have had wild fires for many years now in the Amazon, even in the tropical rainforest- mainly started by humans for forest clearing and ranching. It is not enough to impact significantly on the Paris agreement pledges yet, though it is i ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 15 2019 - 11:09am
- Extinction Rebellion Give No Reasons For 2025 Zero Emissions Or Claim That Billions Will Die- What Would A Better Objective Be?
It was great to see the hard hitting UK interviewer Andrew Neil challenge the Extinction Rebellion. We have had several interviews with people like her on TV but this is the first one I've seen with someone challenging them. Good for him! It’s been f ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 16 2019 - 6:32pm
- Sunlight Breaks Down Styrofoam 30X Faster Than Microbes
Polystyrene, one of the world's most common plastics (one popular product is Styrofoam), degrades in decades when exposed to sunlight, rather than thousands of years as previously claimed. Polystyrene has been routinely detected in the world's o ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 22 2019 - 1:30pm
- Six Reasons Organic Is NOT The Most Environmentally Friendly Way To Farm
Contrary to widespread consumer belief, organic farming is not the best way to farm from an environmental point if view. The guiding principal of organic is to rely exclusively on natural inputs. That was decided early in the 20th century, decades befor ...
Article - Steve Savage - Oct 22 2019 - 3:13pm
- Shift To Organic Farming Would Cause Food Yields To Plummet 40% And Carbon Cost To Rise Up To 170%
A new study finds that if the United Kingdom did as The Guardian routinely advocates and abandoned modern agricultural science, people would starve. Or diets would change to where the rich had a variety while the poor suffered on subsistence fare. ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 22 2019 - 3:47pm