- Is Amazon Rainforest Burning At Record Rates? What Is The Way Forward?
Short summary: we have had wild fires for many years now in the Amazon, even in the tropical rainforest- mainly started by humans for forest clearing and ranching. It is not enough to impact significantly on the Paris agreement pledges yet, though it is i ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 24 2019 - 6:43pm
- Debunked: Myth Of Green Growth- Financial Times- Annotated
Here I debunk an article in the Financial Times- although by the title it is supposedly about myths about green technology and renewables, it actually perfectly highlights most of the scientific and even financial myths about renewables propagated by some ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 26 2019 - 11:53pm
- No Cities WON’T Be Erased By 2050- Millions More ALREADY Living Below Sea Level Than Was Thought- Protected By Dikes
This is running with click bait titles suggesting massively more people are at risk of sea level flooding than before. But it’s just better elevation maps. The sea level rise is the same but more people than they thought are already living below sea level ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 5 2019 - 5:15am
- US Alone Gives Notice To Withdraw From Paris Climate Accord- Not For Pittsburgh City- Agreement Remains Strong (with Meme)
This is the first day that countries can give their one year notification to leave the Paris agreement. It's no surprise that the US has given notification. But he is not speaking for the city of Pittsburgh, who have taken strong action on climate ch ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 5 2019 - 7:48pm
- Extinction Rebellion Give No Reasons For 2025 Zero Emissions Or Claim That Billions Will Die- What Would A Better Objective Be?
It’s so good to see some climate scientists at last starting to speak up about the awful over the top things Extinction Rebellion activists are saying, though I wish more would speak up and speak up more strongly. Rupert Read is a philosophy professor. Do ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 9 2019 - 11:00am
- How Does The New York Times Get 'How Scientists Got Climate Change So Wrong' So Wrong?- Fact Checking Their Climate Articles
The New York Times has done numerous mistaken climate change stories. They would never run an obituary about someone who hasn’t died. They wouldn’t make up a sports result and say one team won the superbowl when in fact the other did. They wouldn’t say th ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 12 2019 - 8:39pm
- "Deep Adaptation" Is Not Based On Science- Climate Change Draft Paper With Unfounded Claims Of Near Future Human Extinction
Jem Bendell’s “Deep Adaptation” is scaring many people, sometimes referred to as " The Climate Change Paper So Depressing It's Sending People to Therapy "- yet- it is not a published paper. It is an unpublished draft that has been rejected ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 14 2019 - 3:33pm
- Venice Flooded Again Today, While Precious Manuscripts Get Wasted
Last November 12 the city of Venice was flooded by the second-highest tide in recorded history. The sea level, pushed by 60 mph SE winds and intense rainfalls, surged to +187 cm above average, a mere 7cm less than the disastrous event of November 4 1966, w ...
Article - Tommaso Dorigo - Nov 15 2019 - 9:22am
- #Teamtrees 20 Million trees Are A Drop In The Ocean, Not A Dent In Climate Change.
T eam Trees 20 million trees goal will make no practical difference to climate change. Youtuber Thunderfoot breaks this down very nicely. So long as the ones planting the trees are mindful not to burn fossil fuel in any part of the process, i.e. shipping ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Nov 18 2019 - 10:10am
- Absurd Blog Post At Arctic News Predicts 10 °C Rise In Global Temperatures By 2026- QUADRATIC To EXTRAPOLATE!
Am debunking this page because it makes a scary prediction of a 10 °C rise by 2026. It is very very silly. By far the silliest post I’ve seen on climate change, and that’s saying something, I’ve seen some ridiculous posts, but this takes the biscuit. I ca ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 20 2019 - 5:34am