- How Does The New York Times Get 'How Scientists Got Climate Change So Wrong' So Wrong?- Fact Checking Their Climate Articles
The New York Times has done numerous mistaken climate change stories. They would never run an obituary about someone who hasn’t died. They wouldn’t make up a sports result and say one team won the superbowl when in fact the other did. They wouldn’t say th ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 12 2019 - 8:39pm
- "Deep Adaptation" Is Not Based On Science- Climate Change Draft Paper With Unfounded Claims Of Near Future Human Extinction
Jem Bendell’s “Deep Adaptation” is scaring many people, sometimes referred to as " The Climate Change Paper So Depressing It's Sending People to Therapy "- yet- it is not a published paper. It is an unpublished draft that has been rejected ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 14 2019 - 3:33pm
- Venice Flooded Again Today, While Precious Manuscripts Get Wasted
Last November 12 the city of Venice was flooded by the second-highest tide in recorded history. The sea level, pushed by 60 mph SE winds and intense rainfalls, surged to +187 cm above average, a mere 7cm less than the disastrous event of November 4 1966, w ...
Article - Tommaso Dorigo - Nov 15 2019 - 9:22am
- #Teamtrees 20 Million trees Are A Drop In The Ocean, Not A Dent In Climate Change.
T eam Trees 20 million trees goal will make no practical difference to climate change. Youtuber Thunderfoot breaks this down very nicely. So long as the ones planting the trees are mindful not to burn fossil fuel in any part of the process, i.e. shipping ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Nov 18 2019 - 10:10am
- Bats In The Belfry May Be Needed For Conservation
During mating season in the summer, little brown bat (Myotis lucifugus) females huddle their small, furry bodies together to save thermal energy. These "maternity colonies" are important but with population losses across North America, summer acc ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 20 2019 - 2:52pm
- Climate Change Will NOT End Human Civilization By 2050, 'Overblown Rhetoric And Unsupportable Doomist Framing' Says Michael Mann
This is scaring so many people, but is full of mistakes and has no scientific credibility. It's written by a couple of businessmen, with a foreword by a retired admiral, and no scientific peer review. For instance they misunderstood a paper about &qu ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 20 2019 - 3:53pm
- Deep Adaptation Is- ‘Crap’- Climate Scientist Michael Mann- This Is The Paper 'So Depressing It Sends People To Therapy'
I was astonished to find out that the BBC linked to this “paper” in a recent article about eco-anxiety without explaining to the reader that it is just “crap”. There I'm quoting the distinguished climate scientist Michael Mann, director of the Earth ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 22 2019 - 5:05pm
- Koalas Not Functionally Extinct From Fires- 1000 Killed Out Of 300,000, Reduced Numbers In New South Wales For 1 Or 2 Decades
Short summary: A Koala population in New South Wales has been severely impacted by fires with loss of perhaps 70%, at least 350 of them killed, and it could be more, leading to headlines of "1000 koalas killed". However there is no way even this ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 25 2019 - 3:11am
- If You Want To Bag A Turkey For Thanksgiving, Here Is What You Should Know About Archery Feathers
“The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind,” said Fred Bear. If you want to get a fresh turkey for Thanksgiving, you don't need to spend $120 for something that calls itself Heritage, you can honor your actual heritage and go get one ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 25 2019 - 9:58am
- UN Emissions Gap Report- How To Get To 1.5°C Path In Graphs- With Paris Pledges In 2020 And 2025
We are headed for the next round of climate pledges in 2020. So, what do we need to do to stay within 1.5 C? This is based mainly on the new UN Emissions Gap Report 2019 ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 27 2019 - 7:36pm