- Seabirds Love Plastic- If 'Bioaccumulation' Is Real, There May Be Cause For Concern
Though it is common to see environmental videos of birds caught in plastic, less well known is that, like cats, seabirds love to eat it. Paracelsus famously noted that the dose makes the poison but in the 1990s some activist scientists began claiming that ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 11 2021 - 5:41am
- How To Motivate Your Self, And Others To Act On Climate Change, Biodiversity Or Anything Else- Tips From Psychology
How to motivate your self, and others to act on climate change, biodiversity or anything else- tips from psychology This talk may help you if you are thinking about how to motivate both yourself and others, and also governments, to act on climate change, ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 20 2021 - 11:31pm
- What Would The Effects Be Of A Major Solar Storm? Short Term Local Power Cuts For Hours- Not Widespread Blackout For Months
From time to time we get larger solar storms. One of the last major ones was the one in March 1989 geomagnetic storm which caused a nine hour power cut in Quebec. That happened because they weren’t prepared for it. Modern power supplies are hardened again ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 21 2021 - 12:03am
- No COP26 Would NOT Fail If USA Removes Climate Measures From Reconciliation Bill- COP26 And Paris Agreement Is Already A Succes
This is for people who worry that the Democrats in the USA will never come to agreement on their climate policies. It’s tough work for them, because they have to get agreement of 50 senators, even one abstention and they will lose the vote. IMHO this is a ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 21 2021 - 12:18am
- Absurd Blog Post At Arctic News Predicts 10 °C Rise In Global Temperatures By 2026- QUADRATIC To EXTRAPOLATE!
Am debunking this page because it makes a scary prediction of a 10 °C rise by 2026. It is very very silly. By far the silliest post I’ve seen on climate change, and that’s saying something, I’ve seen some ridiculous posts, but this takes the biscuit. I ca ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 16 2021 - 10:08am
- Is The Science Behind Climate Change Done?
According to NASA ...
Blog Post - Mark Pierce - Dec 22 2021 - 4:34pm
- 2022 Is The Year 'Soylent Green' Took Place- Here's How Food Science Saved The World Instead
In the 1966 Harry Harrison novel "Make Room! Make Room!" concerns about population control were the driver of the plot and the storytellers were various people in New York City when the world has reached a population of 7 billion. You have probab ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 3 2022 - 6:08pm
- Brad Pitt's Green Housing Is Making Some Hurricane Katrina Survivors See Red
Brad Pitt’s Make It Right Foundation built 109 eye-catching and affordable homes in New Orleans for a community where many people were displaced by damage wrought by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Now this housing development is in disarray. ...
Article - The Conversation - Jan 31 2022 - 3:40pm
- How Climate Change Impacted Diets Over 7,000 Years
Before the invention of modern science and technology, where many diverse foods can be grown in areas once considered inhospitable, the whims of nature determined what you ate, and if you ate at all. ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 14 2022 - 11:41am
- Environmentalists Say Less Phosphorous Will Make Lake Erie Less Toxic- Science Knows They're Wrong
Cyanobacteria, also known as blue-green algae, can produce toxins and deplete lakes of oxygen when they die. It can be dangerous for both pets and people. In August 2014, nearly half a million people in the Toledo area were without tap water for nearly th ...
Article - News Staff - May 26 2022 - 2:58pm