- Early Earth's Oxygen Buildup May Be Due To Longer Days
Earth shifted from an anaerobic atmosphere to an aerobic one early in its life. However, for a long time, the question as to how it got there was still unresolved. ...
Article - Mark Pierce - Sep 9 2021 - 8:06pm
- Honeybees Have Increased 85% In The Last 60 Years
A new analysis finds that if there ever was a "Beepocalypse", it hasn't been during this century. Using data since 1961, they found that the number of managed honey bee colonies has risen by 85%. Managed colonies are the only way to create ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 24 2021 - 12:19pm
- Hunting And Conservation: Why Environmentalists Should Be Allies
In the modern environmental era, activists are mostly among a political tribe that opposes activities like hunting but they should not be. Hunters, fishers, and others are terrific stewards of nature and a natural world humans are banned from experiencing ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 7 2021 - 11:49am
- Seabirds Love Plastic- If 'Bioaccumulation' Is Real, There May Be Cause For Concern
Though it is common to see environmental videos of birds caught in plastic, less well known is that, like cats, seabirds love to eat it. Paracelsus famously noted that the dose makes the poison but in the 1990s some activist scientists began claiming that ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 11 2021 - 5:41am
- How To Motivate Your Self, And Others To Act On Climate Change, Biodiversity Or Anything Else- Tips From Psychology
How to motivate your self, and others to act on climate change, biodiversity or anything else- tips from psychology This talk may help you if you are thinking about how to motivate both yourself and others, and also governments, to act on climate change, ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 20 2021 - 11:31pm
- What Would The Effects Be Of A Major Solar Storm? Short Term Local Power Cuts For Hours- Not Widespread Blackout For Months
From time to time we get larger solar storms. One of the last major ones was the one in March 1989 geomagnetic storm which caused a nine hour power cut in Quebec. That happened because they weren’t prepared for it. Modern power supplies are hardened again ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 21 2021 - 12:03am
- No COP26 Would NOT Fail If USA Removes Climate Measures From Reconciliation Bill- COP26 And Paris Agreement Is Already A Succes
This is for people who worry that the Democrats in the USA will never come to agreement on their climate policies. It’s tough work for them, because they have to get agreement of 50 senators, even one abstention and they will lose the vote. IMHO this is a ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 21 2021 - 12:18am
- Absurd Blog Post At Arctic News Predicts 10 °C Rise In Global Temperatures By 2026- QUADRATIC To EXTRAPOLATE!
Am debunking this page because it makes a scary prediction of a 10 °C rise by 2026. It is very very silly. By far the silliest post I’ve seen on climate change, and that’s saying something, I’ve seen some ridiculous posts, but this takes the biscuit. I ca ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 16 2021 - 10:08am
- Is The Science Behind Climate Change Done?
According to NASA ...
Blog Post - Mark Pierce - Dec 22 2021 - 4:34pm
- 2022 Is The Year 'Soylent Green' Took Place- Here's How Food Science Saved The World Instead
In the 1966 Harry Harrison novel "Make Room! Make Room!" concerns about population control were the driver of the plot and the storytellers were various people in New York City when the world has reached a population of 7 billion. You have probab ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 3 2022 - 6:08pm