- The Placental Microbiome Is The Schrodinger's Cat Of Biology, Which Means It Isn't Science Yet
People are rushing to buy supplements because of (correct) claims that the microbiome is important. While the science on helpful microbes is correct it does not mean yogurt or any other food- even organic, try as their trade groups try to claim that- is he ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 1 2019 - 3:48pm
- Raw Milk Is Illegal In Australia But Unpasteurized Milk Is Now For Sale
Raw dairy is diarrhea and vomiting waiting to happen, there is a reason heat pasteurization is credited with saving a billion lives, but a company in Australia has used a legal loophole to milk raw believers into buying their un-pasteurized product. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 12 2019 - 12:17pm
- We Can't Live On Food That Is Hundreds Of Years Old But Microbes Can
Microbial communities living in deep aquatic sediments have adapted to survive on really old food, according to a new study. Learning how these microorganisms function on old, poor-quality food at a very slow pace could have future uses in biomedical appli ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 13 2019 - 3:58pm
- Attention Athletes: Get Ready For Performance-Enhancing Bacteria Probiotic Microbiome Omics Hype
String Theory, stem cells, epigenetics, antioxidants, they've all been important basic research that got exaggerated beyond recognition, which got media attention, which got people rushing into the fields and led to even more papers making increasingl ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 6 2019 - 8:31am
- Spanish Flu Pandemic Mass Graves 100 Years Ago Led To Our Zombie Fixation Today
Zombies have lurched to the center of Halloween culture, with costumes proliferating as fast as the monsters themselves. This year, you can dress as a zombie prom queen, a zombie doctor – even a zombie rabbit or banana. The rise of the living dead, though ...
Article - The Conversation - Oct 28 2019 - 2:29pm
- Grinch Science: Mistletoe Is A Tree-Plundering Parasite
Christmas and mistletoe: have you ever simply asked yourself … why? I have studied plant parasites like mistletoe for almost ten years, and I’m here to tell you that the answer is absolutely fascinating. In Norse mythology, Baldur (younger brother to magi ...
Article - The Conversation - Dec 12 2019 - 4:46pm
- Lysol, Clorox: With Coronavirus, The Public Has Abandoned Chemophobia
While 2020 looked to be another year when corporate media journalists would provide the same old Product X "linked to" Disease Y "a new study finds" articles as they have for the entire century, the latest coronavirus, COV-19, has saved ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 6 2020 - 4:13pm
- Teas, Essential Oils, Tinctures And Colloidal Silver Will Not Help With Coronavirus- Or Anything Else
Once coronavirus made its way into the news cycle, it was only a matter of time before aromatherapy, supplements, miracle food sellers, or some business with "holistic" in its name claimed to treat, prevent, or cure it. ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 9 2020 - 1:22pm
- Where Coronavirus Really Came From
We haven't had a widespread flu problem since 2018. Yet despite it only being 2020, some insist this year's coronavirus must be the product of government scientists, though some also suggest it was the result of 5G cellular service in Wuhan. The ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 17 2020 - 5:56pm
- Here's How Long Coronavirus Remains Infectious On Cardboard, Metal And Plastic
A new study claims the recent form of coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, that causes the COVID-19 disease remains far longer in aerosol form than other experiments showed and up to 3 days on some surfaces. The study says the virus is detectable for up to three hour ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 21 2020 - 8:31am