- The Placental Microbiome Is The Schrodinger's Cat Of Biology, Which Means It Isn't Science Yet
People are rushing to buy supplements because of (correct) claims that the microbiome is important. While the science on helpful microbes is correct it does not mean yogurt or any other food- even organic, try as their trade groups try to claim that- is he ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 1 2019 - 3:48pm
- Raw Milk Is Illegal In Australia But Unpasteurized Milk Is Now For Sale
Raw dairy is diarrhea and vomiting waiting to happen, there is a reason heat pasteurization is credited with saving a billion lives, but a company in Australia has used a legal loophole to milk raw believers into buying their un-pasteurized product. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 12 2019 - 12:17pm
- We Can't Live On Food That Is Hundreds Of Years Old But Microbes Can
Microbial communities living in deep aquatic sediments have adapted to survive on really old food, according to a new study. Learning how these microorganisms function on old, poor-quality food at a very slow pace could have future uses in biomedical appli ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 13 2019 - 3:58pm
- Attention Athletes: Get Ready For Performance-Enhancing Bacteria Probiotic Microbiome Omics Hype
String Theory, stem cells, epigenetics, antioxidants, they've all been important basic research that got exaggerated beyond recognition, which got media attention, which got people rushing into the fields and led to even more papers making increasingl ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 6 2019 - 8:31am
- Spanish Flu Pandemic Mass Graves 100 Years Ago Led To Our Zombie Fixation Today
Zombies have lurched to the center of Halloween culture, with costumes proliferating as fast as the monsters themselves. This year, you can dress as a zombie prom queen, a zombie doctor – even a zombie rabbit or banana. The rise of the living dead, though ...
Article - The Conversation - Oct 28 2019 - 2:29pm