(1) Obstacles to the improvement of productivity have shifted from internal to external obstacles. It is no longer competition from outside or navigating market forces, it is high wages and ancillary costs, like social security and taxes, legislation, and trade union activities by employees.
(2) A lack of competence in employees has replaced shortage of resources. In 1997, the most significant obstacles were linked to a shortage of resources but in 2014 a lack of competence was observed as a key obstacle. This study identified shortcomings in the competence and education of supervisors as the key internal obstacle restraining productivity improvement, clearly passing lack of competence among employees, which had previously posed a challenge.
(3) Entrepreneurship is no longer prized by government or society.
According to researchers, companies must pay closer attention to the competence of their employees, and specifically to supervisors, which often come from employees. Organizations have 'thinned out' and, as a result, the role and significance of individual supervisors has grown.
“Companies must see to facilitating the further education of their supervisors. Supervisors must also personally ensure that they have the required competence and maintain it. This requires a willing and active perspective with regard to further education and up-keeping one’s knowledge,” Senior Researcher Sanna Pekkola (MSc) emphasizes.
Government and society overall must offer better conditions and opportunities for growth of productivity, and encourage entrepreneurship and development of activities - such as by dismantling regulations and decreasing costs of doing business unrelated to business.
- The Finnish Population Register Centre To Deploy Entrust EAC EPassport CA Solution
- Entrust Begins Deployment Of SPOC EPassport Solution For Finland's Population Register Centre
- NetDragon Honored By Forbes And Fortune; Awarded In 'Chinese Enterprises With The Best Potential In 2008' And 'Outstanding Emplo
- The Shame Of America's "Public Health"
- Smoothstone And Sprint To Offer Enterprise Class Converged Communications Solutions From The Cloud