- WHO COVID19 Mar 20- Message Of Courage And Hope In Difficult Times- First Pandemic In History With Power To Change Way It Goes
The director general gave a really good speech on Friday, and I am sharing it here, to help people have more courage in what are going to be difficult times. Up until March 20th, the WHO said this is the first pandemic we can stop. Now the WHO say that Wu ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 21 2020 - 10:30pm
- WHO Recommendations On COVID-19 Not Followed By UK- Need To Get Back On Track Swiftly To Save Lives- Paradigm Shift Inertia?
Everyone in the UK- please share this widely, this and other posts that explain what is happening in the UK. We are no longer trying to contain COVID-19 in the UK, only to slow down its spread. Also, we no longer try to keep track of who in our society ha ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 21 2020 - 10:48pm
- Many Countries Are Stopping COVID19- Containing Cases Is The Key- Every Day Of Delay Makes It Harder For Countries & The World
COVID19 can be stopped. China has nearly made it go away completely. China had no new cases even in Hubei yesterday (17th March). It had four cases only on the two previous days- and it's only getting a few cases from other countries. South Korea has ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 23 2020 - 8:59am
- 164? 9,000? How Many Really Have The Coronavirus? How Does That Translate To Illness?
There could be a lot more COVID-19 cases than the 164 instances CDC lists, even up to 9,000 in the U.S., but even that would not be reason for alarm. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 26 2020 - 5:52pm
- Dear Boris Johnson- UK's Policy On Covid-19 Needs Evidence Based Science Debate- We Must Not Delay- Every Minute Saves Lives
I have sent variations of this email to my local MP, the shadow health secretary, leaders of the main parties etc. Dear <MP> Please challenge the government and ask for an evidence based science debate on the basis for their COVID-19 policies. You c ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 27 2020 - 3:22am
- Good News From Italy: COVID 19 Outbreak Halted In Italian Town Of Vo Euganeo At Record Speed- 90 To 0 New Cases In Two Weeks
Good news- one small Italian town, Vo Euganeo, has completely stopped its outbreak by rigorously testing everyone in the community including those who were asymptomatic. To do that they disregarded a directive from their government to only test those who ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 28 2020 - 7:41am
- UK Can Rise To Challenge Of Mass Testing Of Covid-19 And Contact Tracing At An Unprecedented Scale
I am glad to read that the former health secretary Jeremy Hunt is asking our government to follow the WHO recommendations on COVID19. Not just mass testing, also quarantine and contact tracing, all on an unprecedented scale. His op ed is here: Mass testin ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 1 2020 - 5:40am
- Spain, Italy, Germany And Iceland On Course To Contain Their Outbreaks Of COVID-19- With A Change Of Direction UK Can Too
Many countries are showing that the strategy of China, Singapore and South Korea also works in Europe- to aggressively find cases, isolate them, trace contacts and isolate them. They now need to keep this up. Italy is now down to a 4% increase per day- th ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 1 2020 - 8:34pm
- In The UK And Depressed About COVID-19? This May Help
This is a conversation I had recently via text with someone who suffers from depression about the situation about COVID-19 in the UK. I hope my answers will help others with depression face this situation. The main message is, don't give up- we can a ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 2 2020 - 5:08pm
- COVID-19 Can Be Crushed Not Just Flattened
The idea that COVID-19 can’t be stopped and has to go in waves is based on the idea that it transmits like flu. But COVID-19 is not flu. COVID-19 can be stopped; it can be contained. Any second wave can be stopped too. You can totally crush COVID19. China ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 4 2020 - 1:25pm