- 164? 9,000? How Many Really Have The Coronavirus? How Does That Translate To Illness?
There could be a lot more COVID-19 cases than the 164 instances CDC lists, even up to 9,000 in the U.S., but even that would not be reason for alarm. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 26 2020 - 5:52pm
- Dear Boris Johnson- UK's Policy On Covid-19 Needs Evidence Based Science Debate- We Must Not Delay- Every Minute Saves Lives
I have sent variations of this email to my local MP, the shadow health secretary, leaders of the main parties etc. Dear <MP> Please challenge the government and ask for an evidence based science debate on the basis for their COVID-19 policies. You c ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 27 2020 - 3:22am
- Good News From Italy: COVID 19 Outbreak Halted In Italian Town Of Vo Euganeo At Record Speed- 90 To 0 New Cases In Two Weeks
Good news- one small Italian town, Vo Euganeo, has completely stopped its outbreak by rigorously testing everyone in the community including those who were asymptomatic. To do that they disregarded a directive from their government to only test those who ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 28 2020 - 7:41am
- UK Can Rise To Challenge Of Mass Testing Of Covid-19 And Contact Tracing At An Unprecedented Scale
I am glad to read that the former health secretary Jeremy Hunt is asking our government to follow the WHO recommendations on COVID19. Not just mass testing, also quarantine and contact tracing, all on an unprecedented scale. His op ed is here: Mass testin ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 1 2020 - 5:40am
- Spain, Italy, Germany And Iceland On Course To Contain Their Outbreaks Of COVID-19- With A Change Of Direction UK Can Too
Many countries are showing that the strategy of China, Singapore and South Korea also works in Europe- to aggressively find cases, isolate them, trace contacts and isolate them. They now need to keep this up. Italy is now down to a 4% increase per day- th ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 1 2020 - 8:34pm
- In The UK And Depressed About COVID-19? This May Help
This is a conversation I had recently via text with someone who suffers from depression about the situation about COVID-19 in the UK. I hope my answers will help others with depression face this situation. The main message is, don't give up- we can a ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 2 2020 - 5:08pm
- COVID-19 Can Be Crushed Not Just Flattened
The idea that COVID-19 can’t be stopped and has to go in waves is based on the idea that it transmits like flu. But COVID-19 is not flu. COVID-19 can be stopped; it can be contained. Any second wave can be stopped too. You can totally crush COVID19. China ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 4 2020 - 1:25pm
- UK's Isolation Period Of 7 Days For COVID-19 Is Too Short- WHO Advises Isolation To 14 Days After Symptoms Resolve
In the UK those who think they have COVID-19, including confirmed cases, isolate at home for 7 days after onset of symptoms. Matt Hancock, the health secretary, was confirmed to have COVID-19 a week ago. He has just come out of isolation after 7 days. See ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 4 2020 - 11:56pm
- WHO Says Physical Distancing For COVID-19 Only Buys Time, Contact Tracing Is How To CRUSH This Virus And Win
Many governments, the UK included, focus their policy on physical distancing- which is the most obvious eye catching thing that filled the news about Wuhan. Contact tracing often gets far less attention- yet it is the absolute key to stopping this virus. ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 5 2020 - 3:07pm
- What Is Contact Tracing And Why Is It So Effective At Stopping COVID-19?
The WHO talk about contact tracing in every press briefing. They constantly stress that contact tracing iis the key to suppressing COVID-19 and then stopping it. They say that contact tracing will not just delay the peak, but suppress it and crush it righ ...
Article - Robert Walker - Apr 5 2020 - 6:15pm